HSS Greenberg Academy Community Outreach Internship
Would you like to intern at the #1 orthopedic hospital in the world? Are you interested in educating the community about health & wellness and improving people's lives? Are you a hard worker and self-starter? We are recruiting a Community Outreach intern to join our team to provide assistance with bringing innovative programs to older adults living in the
community. Our mission is to empower older adults from all communities in their healthcare through educational programming, workshops and support groups. As an intern, you will assist with researching local community partnerships and helping to implement and manage our programs. This internship will be conducted remotely.
Please only apply if you meet these specific qualifications:
- Interest in public health and community health education
- Strong communication skills
- Interest in working with people
- Comfortable reaching out to professionals via telephone and email
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
- Reliable and able to work independently
- An ability to effectively interact with participants and facilitators
Key internship roles (or responsibilities) include:
- Assist with implementation of outreach programs
- Assist programming team with other projects and administrative tasks as needed
- Adhere to Hospital standards and procedures, such as dress code and patient confidentiality & privacy
This is a remote internship and will include a minimum of 4-5 hours weekly scheduled during mutually agreed upon time during working hours (M-F 9-5pm). We offer an internship stipend of $850 through December 2023.