This level represents technically advanced support of complex fiscal/financial/auditing functions. It is distinguished from the Technician level by work assignments broad in functional scope and/or requiring advanced technical knowledge, both of which require application of complex state or federal program laws, rules and regulations. Work encompasses the full range of activities as described in Essential Functions.
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Accounting Specialist
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Possession of an Associates degree or higher in Accounting or related field.
- Possession of a Bachelors degree or higher in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Business Management, Computer Information Systems or related field.
- One year experience in processing financial transactions in areas such as accounting, auditing, payroll, or taxes.
- One year experience in creating financial reports which includes combining and presenting financial data from multiple sources in an organized format.
- One year experience in using an automated information system to enter, update, modify, delete, retrieve/inquire and report on data.
- Six months experience in determining compliance of financial transactions with required documentation, computations, codes, signatures, and rules/regulations.