Summary: This position is in charge of recording the transactions and providing analysis (including related reconciliations) for the State and Federal funds revenue, expense, and balance sheet accounts. This position also coordinates with various departments to manage cash related to the State and Federal funds.
Essential Duties: (These duties represent a sample and may vary by position.)
- Prepares journal entries to record transactions as appropriate including those related to interfund accounting as well as month and year end close.
- Responsible for determining cash needs and ordering state and federal funds as needed throughout the month along with reconciling the cash balance for the state and federal funds.
- Summarizes, analyzes and records Transportation related activities.
- Reconciles current general ledger account balances to Department of Public Instruction guidance and reports.
- Prepares monthly reconciliations of General Ledger accounts and related adjusting journal entries to balance these accounts.
- Reviews expenditures for compliance with Federal, State and local laws, rules and regulations.
- Assists in the preparation of schedules and related information required for the external audit of school system.
- Involved with the preparation of the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report.
- Attends conferences and meetings to remain current on programs and accounting policies and procedures as needed.
Minimum requirements: Bachelors degree with a major course work in Business or Accounting & one year professional accounting experience
Desirable: Accounting experience in government or school systems
Highly proficient in Excel