Associate Value Engineer (Orbit)
Raleigh, North Carolina
We're Celonis, the global leading Process Mining software company and one of the world's fastest-growing SaaS firms. We believe that every company can unlock its full execution capacity - and for that, we need you to join us as an Associate Value Engineer.
Our Value Engineers (VE) are the trusted advisors for the end-to-end customer value journey, and work on the intersection of technology and business. Value Engineers partner with sales and customers to create compelling solutions and prototypes within the Celonis software to critical business problems.
You will be joining the Global VE Center of Excellence which is an international, diverse, and dynamic organization at the core of the Celonis Value Engineering organization. As a team, we enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and share a sense of belonging to a community that wants to learn and grow together. The team culture is one based on building trust, continuous development, and improvement through coaching & mentoring. You will be reporting to the Manager, Value Engineering Orbit Program.
Talented individuals launch their careers in the enterprise software world by joining the 12 month Orbit Program as an Associate Value Engineer. Your role will be aligned to a specific industry within the North American market.
The program is a unique experience designed to highlight client engagements, mentorship, and a strong team culture where we rely on each other to collaborate, develop, and achieve together. You will utilize your previous technical experiences to form essential VE skills & competencies, become a trusted advisor with clients, and establish strong lasting relationships allowing you to grow your career at Celonis.
Your journey will start with onboarding & enablement, further refining your business skills through a combination of hands-on experience in customer engagements and training which covers, amongst others: building and coding within the Celonis EMS platform, scoping technical requirements for customers, discovery & objection handling, industry domain knowledge, presentation & demo skills, value selling & realization, as well as account renewal.
The work you’ll do:
- Consult with customers and eventual end users by using systems analysis techniques to uncover their core business challenges and independently determine how Celonis EMS can help them achieve their business objectives
- Modify existing Celonis applications or create new ones using Vertica SQL and PQL (Celonis’ proprietary coding language) to exemplify solutions to customer that resolve their process pain
- Execute proof projects by developing within the Celonis platform to showcase the value of Celonis EMS for our customers’ strategy, business initiatives, needs, and challenges
- Review technical components of Celonis IT architecture with customers
- Collaborate with customers and partners to design and build solutions in the Celonis EMS that drive value realization and ensure a positive return on investment
- Build strong relationships with our customers by winning their trust through technical, product expertise, and business acumen to act as a trusted advisor
- Frame the strategic and quantitative business value Celonis will bring to our customers’ organization and deliver presentations to senior executives that outline the opportunity, product solution, and business case to drive investment decisions
- Team up with the implementation services team and work within the Celonis software to ensure customer value is realized post-sale
- Monitor and create success plans for customers; manage customer renewals
- Create innovations for customers to collaborate and share feedback with internal Product and Engineering teams to influence product innovation
- Create re-usable collateral, best practices & tools within the Global VE Center of Excellence and feed them back to the regional Value Engineering team
The qualifications you need:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Data Analytics, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a comparable STEM degree program
- Extensive internship or at least 1 year of work experience in data analytics involving specialized systems/software, or a comparable job
- Hands-on experience in at least one of: SQL, R, Microsoft BI, Tableau, Python, or another data analytics software/programming language.
- Have a passion for technology & big data and the impact it can have on the world
- Are able to think analytically and creatively, especially in applying technology solutions to core business problems
- Are focused on creating and adding value for customers
- Willing to build relationships with senior management and influence decision-makers
- Confident in presenting to audiences; building to present to C-level executives
- Enjoy solving problems, think outside the box, and are not afraid to make and learn from mistakes
- Curious, self-motivated, enjoy continuous learning, and you want to work in a lively environment characterized by high growth.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to take ownership, prioritize, and execute
- Have a hunger to learn new technologies, such as Celonis EMS
- Are an effective communicator and fluent in English
Celonis reveals and fixes inefficiencies businesses can’t see, enabling them to perform at levels they never thought possible. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a full set of platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies, provide better customer experience and reduce carbon emissions. Celonis has thousands of implementations with global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with more than 23 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind. We make all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other factor protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. As a US federal contractor, we are committed to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Different makes us better.