9th-12th Grade English Assistant
REPORTS TO: HR/Principals
WHAT MAKES THIS ROLE AWESOME:
This position gives individuals the opportunity to support a wide array of students across the CHIndy network! In this flexible role, you have the opportunity to work with a variety of age ranges and content areas while gaining valuable experience in the classroom and with our school community.
Teachers at Christel House have the autonomy to try innovative strategies in their classrooms to reach all types of learners. Built into the model, teachers take 4 field trips a year with their students to embody the pillar of experiential learning and to provide educational and enriching experiences to our students. Being lifelong learners is extremely important to Christel House, so teachers and staff are encouraged to seek opportunities for their own professional growth and development. Christel House focuses on active learning and teachers are invited to use a variety of instructional methodologies and curriculum resources to present material in an interesting, stimulating and effective manner. Teachers support the whole child, teaching character education and social and emotional learning strategies to students to support their development beyond academics. Teachers are supported by interventionists, instructional coaches, lead teachers, on-site social workers and counselors, and a staff that thrives on collaborating and improving within the school community.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Step in for teachers to deliver engaging, standards-aligned lesson plans, instructional materials, and assessments that facilitate active learning.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by enforcing classroom and school rules and procedures.
- Demonstrate a desire for working with students and staff from diverse cultural, economic and ability backgrounds.
- Step in for other staff to support the ongoing workings of the schools.
- Participate in appropriate professional activities.
- Ability and willingness to work collaboratively; maintaining cooperative and effective working relationships
- Other duties assigned
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING:
- The opportunity to serve and make a huge difference in underserved kids’ lives
- Competitive health care options
- Employer contributions to retirement plans
- Extra earning potential for leading professional development, clubs, and sports teams
- Referral bonuses
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Ability to obtain a Substitute Permit from the state of Indiana
- Competency in using technology in the classroom setting
- Ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis
- A strong belief in the mission and goals of Christel House Indianapolis
HEADS UP: A complete application requires the following:
- Current resume (please include an email address)
- Contact information for at least three (3) professional references (References should include candidates supervisor in his/her current position and most recent prior position, or student teaching supervisors)
Applicants should disclose any criminal arrests or convictions in the application process. A successful applicant will be required to submit to a national background check.
Christel House Indianapolis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Questions? Contact Talent@chschools.org