Crop Protection Developmental Sales Representative (18055092)
Crop Protection Developmental Sales Representative
At Syngenta, we are working to build the most collaborative and trusted team in agriculture that provides leading seeds and crop protection innovations to enhance the prosperity of farmers. As a Crop Protection Developmental Sales Representative, you will participate in a curriculum-based, integrated learning opportunity that prepares you to be a leader in territory sales in the agriculture industry.
What will you be doing?
- Completing a well-defined, customized training and development plan with direction and assistance from your manager and experienced colleagues
- Developing effective product and technical expertise in proper product use recommendations and expectations to include product features and benefits, pest identification, scouting, application timing, product service, and sound agronomic principals
- Gaining experience and building leadership capabilities, consultative selling competence, communication and presentation skills, business acumen, and territory management while creating a professional network to further your career
- Developing effective ways of working to strengthen teamwork within the sales team
- Managing and supporting the customer base in a defined geography
- Implementing strategy to achieve sales objectives in assigned territory
- BA/BS degree, preferably in Agricultural Science or related field
- New or recent graduate from an accredited college/university (0-6 months)
- A valid driver’s license and acceptable moving violations record
What gives you an advantage?
- Experience with former agricultural internships
Demonstrated professional and personal capabilities including
- Strong customer focus
- Business acumen and results-driven
- Resilience and interpersonal savvy
- Effective teamwork
- Integrity and trust
- Effective writing, presentation, and negotiation skills
What’s in it for you?
We have some of the best talent in the industry focused on feeding a growing population sustainably and responsibly. This role offers you a unique opportunity to grow and develop your capabilities in a continuous learning environment as our business, our customers, and our product portfolio evolves.
- A culture that celebrates diversity & inclusion, promotes professional development, and offers flexible work options to meet both your work and personal needs
- Full Benefit Package (Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts the same day you do
- 401k plan with company match, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, 12 Paid Holidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, Corporate Discounts among others
- Salary for this role is $55,200 - $70,000 per year
As a world market leader in crop protection, we help farmers to counter these threats and ensure enough safe, nutritious, affordable food for all – while minimizing the use of land and other agricultural inputs. Syngenta Crop Protection keeps plants safe from planting to harvesting. From the moment a seed is planted through to harvest, crops need to be protected from weeds, insects and diseases as well as droughts and floods, heat and cold. Syngenta Crop Protection is headquartered in Switzerland.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster - Link (http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmla.htm)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC) poster – Link (http://webapps.dol.gov/elaws/firststep/poster_direct.htm)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster - Link (http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppa.htm).
Within the southern and eastern United States (Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, N. Carolina, S. Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Kentucky, Oklahoma) https://smrtr.io/gdV9c
Within the West Heartland United States (Iowa, Minnesota, N/S Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas) https://smrtr.io/gdSzp
East Heartland United States (Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Nebraska, Michigan, Wisconsin) https://smrtr.io/gdVfB
Western United States (Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, North Dakota) https://smrtr.io/gdSRw