Position located near IUPUI Campus! (position is part of the Community Work-study program at IUPUI)
This position is limited to IUPUI Student candidates with a Federal Work-Study award. To verify you have a Federal Work-Study award, please go to your One.IU.edu Account, Student Center, Financial Aid Summary. If you have an award, it will be listed with the rest of your financial aid (loans, grants, scholarships, etc.). You may also email the Office of Student Financial Services at email@example.com to inquire about eligibility.
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
General Purpose/Agency Overview
New Beginnings’ mission is to increase the educational success of students by meeting the needs of children and their families through the partnerships of educational institutions, community service agencies and the business community.
The technology assistant will be responsible for producing New Beginnings’ monthly newsletter; maintenance and updates to the facility’s webpage and updating all other social media platforms.
We are located at 2132 West Michigan Street, Indianapolis, Indiana 46222.
The educational environment provides childcare, pre-school, kindergarten, after-school care, summer programming as well as resources for parents and family members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Production of the monthly newsletter for New Beginnings.
2. Maintain the development and design of the website for the childcare/after-school program
3. Updating content on all other social media platforms—facebook, twitter, etc.
4. Plan, design and develop media presentations for the daycare/after-school program, partner organizations and funding partners
5. Create and maintain promotional and advertising projects
6. Design power point presentations as needed for presentations
● Must qualify for the Federal Work Study Program
● Ability to lift and move computers and other potentially heavy technology hardware
● Proficient computer skills and computer literacy.
● Excellent project management and organizational skills are essential
● Strong communication skills with ability to work with a team
● Must be accurate and detail oriented in the development and creation of technology projects and designs
● Responsible for presenting design ideas to staff and administration
● Maintain all social media platforms for the childcare and after-school programs
● Creativity and enthusiasm when covering lesson plans and teaching children about technology
● Excellent people skills, enthusiasm for helping children, respectful attitude
● Experience working with school age children (preferred, not required)
● Experience working with children age 3-5 (preferred, not required)
● Due to COVID-19, comfortable with shifting routines and school schedules
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Gained in this Role
Communicator—This position will teach students to convey ideas effectively and ethically in oral, written, and visual forms across public, private, interpersonal and team settings, using face-to face and mediated channels.
Students will use technology effectively with oral and written ideas.
Students will find and use a variety of credible information sources.
Students will observe listen and read for information.
Students will operate with civility and cultivate healthy and meaningful relationships with other.
Students will engage other respectfully and motivate others.
Problem Solver—This position will teach students to work individually and with others to collect, analyze, evaluate, and synthesize information to implement innovative solutions to challenging local and global problems.
Students will cultivate healthy, meaningful relationship with others.
Students will listen attentively to others and respond appropriately.
Students will use complex information from a variety of sources including personal experiences and observation to draw logical conclusions and form a decision or opinion.
Students will examine the effectiveness and impact of solutions and make specific recommendations for future improvement.
Innovator—This position will teach students to build on experiences and disciplinary expertise to approach new situations and circumstances in original ways and is willing to take risks with ideas and pose solution.
Students will indicate an intense interest in the technology; show substantial knowledge and understanding of technology
Students will connect, synthesize, or transform ideas into new ones.
Students will integrate communication in ways that enhance knowledge and understanding.
Students will transfer skills, theories, abilities, and methodologies by adapting or applying to new situations.
Students will identify and adjust behaviors by applying previously understood information, concepts and experiences to a new situation or setting.
Community Contributor—This position will teach students to be active and valued contributors on campus and in communities locally and globally.
Students will communicate effectively with others in a variety of settings.
Students will engage others, civilly and with respect.
Students will recognize and appreciate cultural differences and initiate interactions with those who are culturally different.
Students will exhibit respect for and preserve the dignity of others.
Students will understand the ethical principles of other cultures, societies, and environments.
Students will cultivate healthy and meaningful relationships