2024 Engineering Internship - Product Development and Model-e
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom of upward mobility as you strive to realize your professional dreams. We’ve got incredible plans for our future – and your future, too! We’re working on some pretty amazing things, including autonomous and electric vehicles, data centers, micro services, and cloud computing. Get ready to play an important role supporting our incredible advancements!
What you’ll be able to do:
Looking for a great answer to the question – what did you do this summer? This is it! Through our Summer Internship, you’ll gain the experience, knowledge and skills to take your career to another level. Throughout this 12-week program, you’ll enjoy hands-on involvement in some of the ground-breaking initiatives we’ve got going on. In addition to developing technically and professionally, you’ll be able to build a network of friends and contacts.
At Ford, the Model-e and Product Development teams are utilizing Design Thinking & User Experience methods to deliver breakthrough products and services that will delight our customers. Our employees are laser-focused on bringing innovative, exciting, and sustainable ideas to life. From autonomy and electrification to smart mobility technologies, our teams around the world are working together with excitement to make smart vehicles for a smart world.
Examples of areas of opportunity include:
- Product Development and Design
- Product Management
- Electric Vehicle (EV) Technology
What Are We Looking For?
- Pursuit of a Bachelors, Masters or PhD in one of the following fields:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Vehicle Design
- Aerospace, Biomedical, Chemical, and other disciplines in key areas
- Mathematics, Applied and Computational Mathematics and Statistics, or similar degree
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Candidates must graduate and be available for full-time work prior to September 2025 (September 2026 for Sophomore level candidates)
- GPA of 3.4 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent)
- Involvement with Formula SAE or similar extracurricular activities
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to work within a diverse team
What you’ll receive in return:
As part of this exciting program, you’ll enjoy a high level of involvement with an exceptional team of industry innovators and visionaries. You’ll contribute in a meaningful way to our important and industry changing work. And you’ll develop the skills that will give you a significant edge in your future career pursuits. If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to permanently work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit:
2023 New Hire Benefits Summary Interns (ford.com)