Summer Analyst, Strategy Consulting Practice
Who We Are
Are you passionate about making an impact on the education sector? Interested in working with companies, non-profits, institutions, investors, and foundations across the PreK-12, postsecondary, and professional learning markets?
At Tyton Partners, we are striving to enable education systems to evolve for everyone, everywhere. We do this in our consulting practice by advising organizational leaders and their teams on their best path to meet learners’ needs, foster equitable communities, and build a self-sustaining enterprise.
In our work, we pair a rigorous market orientation with clients’ specific mission and goals to derive impactful and actionable solutions that can be implemented.
What You Will Do
As a Consulting Summer Analyst, you will be an integrated and influential member of a consulting project team. You will work and learn from a diverse group of colleagues. With guidance and ongoing support from your team members, you will perform discrete research and analytical tasks to generate market-based insights and strategic recommendations. You will also complete an internally focused project and present findings directly to senior leadership at the end of the summer.
Primary responsibilities of the Consulting Summer Analyst include:
- Performing quantitative and qualitative analyses; including primary and secondary market research, competitor analysis, and market-sizing
- Synthesizing primary and secondary research to summarize findings in team and client deliverables
- Presenting findings and recommendations to senior team members
What We Hope You Will Bring
You will bring an approach that is aligned with Tyton’s values:
- A drive to learn constantly by being humble, curious and open to diverse perspectives
- A spirit of generosity by seeing the best in others, engaging honestly/authentically, and being a team player
- A mindset for impact by having a genuine interest in the education sector and being focused on improving learner outcomes
In addition, you will be nearing completion of your undergraduate studies and bring:
- A creative problem-solver mindset
- An ability to synthesize data to develop insights
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- A proactive mindset to take ownership of multiple tasks with a commitment to excellence
- An ability to work with diverse teams and foster an inclusive environment
- High-level of adaptability in an entrepreneurial and fast-changing environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
What We Offer
The Consulting Summer Analyst is a paid position based in our Boston office. In addition to a meaningful professional growth opportunity, you will also be invited to participate in all general professional learning activities and company social events.
Throughout the summer, you will be exposed to:
Extensive knowledge of the global education sector
- Our consultants have exposure to market-leading companies, investors, and non-profit organizations as well as high-potential emerging businesses
Mentorship and training opportunities
- Each consulting team member is paired with a mentor within the firm who provides support and resources for ongoing professional development. In addition, our consultants have a support system from project leaders and team members
- Our consultants participate in onboarding training and ongoing learning opportunities to help accelerate their career growth
An entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
- Our culture empowers team members to make contributions at the firm level. In addition to client projects, our consultants take an active role in supporting firm development through activities such as supporting operating processes, knowledge sharing and attendance at industry events
About Tyton Partners
Tyton Partners is a mission-oriented strategy consulting and investment banking firm focused exclusively on the market of education. Tyton Partners works at the intersection of market and mission, helping a diverse group of organizations achieve their growth, strategy, and investment objectives. We are positioned to create impact at scale in the education sector as a result of working with an unparalleled diversity of clients; for example, major foundations, institutions, EdTech companies and investors. Tyton strives to be the advisor of choice for leaders throughout the global education sector, enabling them to achieve transformative outcomes and drive systemic change. The firm’s work aims to increase equity and access to high-quality educational opportunities throughout the education ecosystem from pre-K all the way through to higher education and workforce development.