From the moment you join us, you will be immersed in a team of exceptional engineering consultants, project managers, and specialists ready to support you in your career. As a result of our successful project awards, our Pipelines group is rapidly expanding; therefore, Mott Macdonald is seeking a civil engineer to join our team.
Under the direction of a Principal engineer and Technical Lead you will gain exposure for Energy projects in the Solar, Wind and Oil & Gas fields. Some of your responsibilities include:
- Working with experienced staff, the candidate will complete civil engineering designs and the generation of professional plans and specifications, technical calculations, exhibits and reports.
- Basic knowledge and understand of Civil Engineering design including utility, grading/earthwork, drainage, access road design, erosion and sedimentation control, infrastructure design, constructability evaluations.
- Design to current codes and standards.
- Performs and executes technical calculations with supervision.
- With supervision utilize Civil 3D to create alignments, corridors and feature lines to produce civil grading and roadway models for engineering team to review.
- Collaborate with other disciplines and the project engineering team for structural and electrical design requirements.
- Respect and enforce policies and procedures in the preparation of drawings.
- Realize the different stages of the project in the timeframes and budgets. Provide guidance for project schedules and allotted hours for project tasks.
To be considered for this position, you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Civil Engineering.
- 0-4 years' detailed general civil engineering design experience. A strong plus if the experience is in site civil development, solar, roadways, pipelines, stormwater design.
- Registered EIT or ability to obtain with 12 months.
- Knowledge of 2D AutoCAD software.
- Civil 3D software considered a plus.
- Strong technical, communication, and design skills.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and work with multi-disciplinary teams; and deal with complex issues and maintain effective working relationships.
Here at Mott MacDonald, we are experts in engineering, management, and development services supporting multi-sector project work in over 150 countries. One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, we pride ourselves in our ability to deliver exceptional outcomes through the connected thinking of our 16,000+ talented consultants. Sustainability and innovation are at the heart of all of our sectors which, in North America include Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or disability status.
Hybrid working policy
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team, and personal commitments. We offer a hybrid working policy that embraces your well-being, flexibility, and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence