Court Theatre Marketing Intern/Content Creation
This internship is part of the University’s Jeff Metcalf Internship Program. Please review to learn more about program requirements for Metcalf interns.
Fellowship Award Amount: up to $1,250 Per quarter
Internship Time Commitment: Fall, Winter & Spring - 10 hours per week
This internship is a paid opportunity for all current Odyssey Scholars, Humanities UX Scholars or Merit Scholars
- This position is Grant Eligible for students who are not Odyssey Scholars and can apply to secure funds through an internship grant. Click here for a list of available grants.
- Students from other selective career cohorts, and merit award recipients may be eligible to receive funding for this opportunity. If you’ve received an internship offer for this opportunity, please inform your Career Advancement adviser/career cohort program coordinator to review funding eligibility before accepting an offer.
About Court Theatre
Court Theatre is the Tony Award-winning professional theatre of the University of Chicago, dedicated to innovation, inquiry, and engagement.
Functioning as the University’s Center for Classic Theatre, Court and its artists mount theatrical productions and audience enrichment programs in collaboration with faculty. These collaborations enable a re-examination of classic texts that pose the enduring and provocative questions that define the human experience. Now in its 69th year of operation, Court produces 4 to 5 main stage shows per year on an intimate, 250-seat thrust stage.
As a Court Theatre intern, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the critical functions of the theatre through its Marketing Department. Due to Court’s position as the Center for Classic Theatre of the University of Chicago, we only accept applications from UChicago students.
Job Title and Work Location
Marketing Intern (Content Creation) | Full Season (Fall-Spring) | Court Theatre, Hyde Park
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Content Creation intern will work with the Director of Marketing and the Associate Director of Marketing to create written and visual assets supporting Court’s 2023/24 season and each production therein.
Responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Contributing to the creation of show programs by collecting, editing, and organizing program information
- Researching and writing articles for Court Theatre’s blog
- Updating Court Theatre’s website, as needed
- Strategizing social media campaigns (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) for each specific production and Court’s season announcement
- Supporting Court’s accessibility initiatives by adding alt text to images and collaborating with the Audience Development Associate on open captioning
- Creating visual assets and assisting with graphic design duties
- Filming and editing video content as needed
- Assisting with photoshoots
- Organizing and analyzing patron demographic data and patron feedback
- Collaborating on Court’s outreach initiatives, as needed
- Assisting in day-to-day clerical tasks
- Other duties as assigned
This role should be comfortable sitting or standing for extended periods of time. This position will be compensated and will not exceed 10 hours per week.
The Content Creation intern must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and impeccable organizational skills. They should be willing to learn, open to collaboration, and receptive to constructive feedback. Cultural competency and a commitment to DEI are paramount in this role.
A background in theatre, media/journalism and/or writing is preferred. Interest in graphic design and/or video design is preferred, but not required.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Handshake.
The deadline to apply is Monday, October 16 and select candidates will be offered an interview. Interviews will be conducted within two weeks after the deadline.