Media Sales Academy
The NAB Leadership Foundation, the philanthropic arm of the National Association of Broadcasters, the voice of America’s radio and television stations in Washington D.C. seeks 25 Media Sales Academy fellows to participate in our media sales training and recruitment program.
Our 6-month hybrid career development program allows college students and recent graduates to get a glimpse into what it's like to be a part of the fast-paced broadcast industry which is innovative and fun!
During your time as a Media Sales Academy fellow, you will sharpen your leadership skills, explore media sales skills and strategies, and network with top media executives in the industry. The program opens with an in-person session at NAB Headquarters in Washington, D.C., and is followed by virtual learning sessions. The Media Sales Academy closes in March 2024 in Washington D.C. with a sales-pitch competition (winners will receive a cash prize) and an opportunity to land a paid internship and/or entry-level position during our career fair.
As a program participant, you will receive a $500 stipend, and become a certified media specialist with training from leading media sales organizations and RAB. We are looking for the next generation of problem solvers and go-getters to drive change within broadcasting and empower our future. Are you ready?
The NAB Leadership Foundation is recruiting for the 2024 Media Sales Academy fellowship now!
Application Window: April - Early October 2023
In-Person Opening Session in Washington DC: October 2023
Virtual Learning Sessions: November 2023- February 2024
In-Person Closing Session in Washington DC: March 2024
- Currently enrolled as a junior or above (30 credits) or a recent graduate (Class of 2022 or 2023).
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- You are pursuing a degree or interested in Advertising, Sales, Marketing, Consumer Insights, Operations Research, or Business, hoping to learn about different opportunities and potentially enter the broadcast and advertising field.
- You have strong written and oral communication skills, are organized, detail-oriented, and are a team player.
- You are authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by the NAB Leadership Foundation.
To learn more about the program please visit nablf.org or if you have any questions or issues with the application, please email the NAB Leadership Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis - a limited number of final applicants will be interviewed and notified by mid-September 2023.