Spin In® Software/App Developer
Spin In® Software/App Developer
The Office of Economic Innovation and Partnerships (OEIP) at the University of Delaware (UD) is seeking a Software App Developer to join an interdisciplinary team of engineers, marketing specialists, and business analysts to work as an interdisciplinary team with an innovative healthcare data software company that is revolutionizing the clinician decision making process and patient care. The team will work as an independent team in close consultation and under the guidance of experts and mentors to conduct market / business research and analyses to support the development of a software prototype specifically designed for patients. This Spin In® team will be based in a dedicated space located at the Fintech Innovation Hub on the UD STAR campus.
Position as Software/App Developers:
The responsibilities entail taking part in a collaborative product development team to plan and prototype the specific product. This includes:
· Develop an understanding of the product, application, and features of service for clinicians and patients.
· Engage with Business and Marketing Teams to understand target market segments, prioritize customer needs and parameters for development and implementation of software features.
· Identify and understand potential competitive products and services.
· Lead the development of software application prototype with features and ability to:
o Securely access and display data;
o Provide educational materials;
o Support communication and engagement;
· Participate in validating produce use and value; collect and organize data from product testing, assess feedback, identify and analyze customer needs; develop recommendations towards future enhancements, iterations, opportunities for the technology.
· Work with team to ensure that project is delivered on target according to the requirements and with the highest quality.
· Keep the team up to date on technical development trends and updates.
· BS program in CS/CE/MIS/CIS, preferred
· Experience with Python, preferred.
· Experience with application development on iOs, preferred.
· Experience submitting/publishing application to Apple App Store a plus.
· An understanding of the full mobile development life cycle a plus.
The successful candidate will be a personally motivated self-starter, able to work with little guidance and have the ability to engage with mentors, peers, and experts to further develop his or her knowledge to solve work related challenges. The candidate must be capable of contributing and achieving in a small, highly collaborative, consensus-driven team. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
Terms and Conditions:
This paid position begins August 2023 (Fall Semester) and runs through the May 2024 (Spring Semester), with a possibility of Summer Session (through August 2024). Average hours of 15 hours per week. Dates will be finalized during hiring process. Rate of pay is $15.00 per hour.
Please send a written application marked “Software/App Developer” via e-mail to: email@example.com. In your application, please include the following: a cover letter, resume, and contact information for two references. Applicants should also send samples of work that demonstrate the skills required for the position.
This position will remain open until filled.