Government & Public Sector Staff
Please apply directly at the links below:
Ranked among the largest accounting and consulting firms in the country, Cherry Bekaert delivers innovative and sophisticated advisory, assurance and tax services to our clients. At Cherry Bekaert we create shared success through teamwork, energy, and expertise. We approach today’s toughest business challenges with a client-first mindset, working together to create exceptional value. We are all committed to making a difference for our people, our clients, our community, and our professions. To meet this commitment, Cherry Bekaert will provide you with the space to pursue growth and development opportunities that will guide and support you at each stage of your personal and professional journey. If you are ready to find your space and create your future, you belong with us.
Cherry Bekaert’s Government & Public Sector Advisory team is growing! Be a part of the growth in our Tysons, VA office. As a key member of the team, you will help organizations leverage their system of internal controls to enable growth, manage risk and define sustainable operations. If you are seeking diversity in your engagement work to leverage your accounting and managerial accounting course work, if you enjoyed your courses on risk management, cost accounting and internal controls, and if you want to work with clients ranging in size across a wide array of industries, then keep reading!
As a Government & Public Advisory Intern, you will:
Work closely with Partners, Managers, Associates and our clients on the following types of projects:
- Assist with Conduct walkthroughs and assist with developing processes, policies and procedures
- Support consulting and audit engagements to help clients in various industries manage risks to their internal control environments
- Conduct Excel modeling and data analysis
- Assist clients with applicable laws and regulations
· Learn about the risk advisory and consulting field.
· Support project quality control and client engagements from start to finish, including adequate planning, field work, engagement wrap up and report composition
· Maintain a strong client focus by understanding the client’s business needs while developing productive working relationships with client personnel in order to accomplish engagement objectives
· Provide recommendations regarding client risks over financial reporting, compliance, operations and fraud
What you bring to the role:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or CIS
- Eagerness to develop the knowledge regarding Federal, State & Local and Government Contracting expertise.
- Interest in Grant or Contract Management/Administration processes and the impact of accounting and information systems on key business transactions
- Developing a solid understanding of accounting standards (US GAAP)
- Curiosity about business operations and the impact of internal accounting and IT general controls
- Capable of working in a demanding, deadline driven environment with a focus on details and accuracy
- Solid organizational skills especially ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments successfully
- Willingness to pursue relevant professional designations (CPA, CIA, CFE)
- Ability to travel to client sites as needed
What you can expect from us:
- Shared values, including uncompromising integrity, a passion for excellence, and mutual respect
- The opportunity to innovate and do work that motivates and engages you
- A collaborative environment focused on your career growth and continuous professional development
- Competitive compensation and a total rewards package that focuses on all aspects of your wellbeing
- Flexibility to do impactful work and the time to enjoy your life outside of work
About Cherry Bekaert:
Cherry Bekaert, ranked among the largest assurance, tax and advisory firms in the U.S., serves clients across industries in all 50 U.S. states and internationally. “Cherry Bekaert” is the brand name under which Cherry Bekaert LLP and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC, independently owned entities, provide professional services in an alternative practice structure in accordance with applicable professional standards. Cherry Bekaert LLP is a licensed CPA firm that provides attest services, and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC and its subsidiary entities provide business advisory and non-attest services spanning the areas of transaction advisory, risk and accounting advisory, digital solutions, cybersecurity, tax, benefits consulting, and wealth management. For more details, visit cbh.com/disclosure.
Cherry Bekaert cares about its people. We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. The salary range for this position is $52,000 to $112,200. Individual salaries within this range are determined by a variety of factors including but not limited to education, experience, knowledge, skills, and geographic location. In addition, we offer a comprehensive, high-quality benefits program which includes medical, dental, and vision care; disability and life insurance; generous Paid Time Off; retirement plans; Paid Care Leave; and other programs that are dedicated to enhancing your personal and work life and providing you and your family with a measure of financial protection.
Cherry Bekaert provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Candidates must demonstrate eligibility to work in the United States. Cherry Bekaert will not provide work sponsorship for this position.
Cherry Bekaert LLP and Cherry Bekaert Advisory LLC are members of Allinial Global, an accountancy and business advisory global association. Visit us at cbh.com/careers and follow us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
© 2023 Cherry Bekaert. All Rights Reserved.