2024 Summer Intern: Supply Chain Finance
PepsiCo is a playground for curious people. We invite thinkers, doers, and changemakers to champion innovation, take calculated risks, and challenge the status quo. From executives to leaders on the frontline, we’re excited about the future. We take chances. Together, we dare to make the world a better place.
Our associates are the magic ingredient. Each of them plays an integral role in helping create deep connections between people and our products. Think about your last group celebration: Chances are, one of our iconic brands was by your side. At PepsiCo, you’re invited to be a part of a global team of innovators who make, move, and sell these products—which are enjoyed by more than 1 billion people a day.
A career at PepsiCo means working in a culture where everyone’s invited. Here, you can dare to be yourself. No matter who you are or where you’re from, you can influence the people around you and the world at large. By showing up, you’ll have the opportunity learn, develop, and grow our unique skill sets at work. Our supportive teams can fuel your professional goals to make a global impact.
Join us. Dare for Better.
The summer internship is the first step of the Supply Chain Finance program, which is a fast-track training program for key accounting/finance positions within the PepsiCo Supply Chain organization.
Supply Chain Finance Program:
After successful completion of the internship, the entry point for this program is the Supply Chain Finance Assistant Analyst position, which is part of a broader program including other operations and technical disciplines. The Supply Chain Finance Assistant Analyst will report directly to the Plant Controller and the role is expected to last approximately 18-24 months. Successful program participants will have the skills and experiences to succeed in multiple cross functional Finance roles within the broader PepsiCo network (corporate/field).
What you can expect:
Supply Chain Finance summer internship responsibilities include training and experience in a broad range of accounting processes and financial analyses, including:
- Participate in 2-3 plant financial Period Closes (and all related tasks)
- Participate in physical inventory cycle counts
- Take ownership of a plant accounting responsibility for 6-8 weeks (Production Accounting, A/P, Fixed Assets, etc.)
- Complete one or more projects analyzing costs, developing insights, and recommending corrective actions with guidance from Subject Matter Experts as needed
- Present the results of the project(s) at the local plant as well as the division HQ in Chicago along with Supply Chain Finance summer interns from other plants at the End of Summer conference
- Key partner with the Supply Chain operations teams
Roles may be available in the following locations:
- Cedar Rapids, IA (Quaker)
- Danville, IL (Quaker)
- Columbia, MO (Quaker)
- Bridgeview, IL (Quaker)
- Wytheville, VA (Gatorade)
- Tolleson, AZ (Gatorade)
- Dallas, TX (Gatorade)
- Atlanta, GA (Gatorade)
- Indianapolis, IN (Gatorade)
What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing a degree in: Finance and/or Accounting (other related majors will be considered)
- Demonstrated interest in cost accounting and operations through coursework and/or previous internships
- Strong people/communication skills to manage information gathering requests
- Results oriented, able to complete assignments in a timely and accurate manner, and the ability to manage competing priorities
- Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft products
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Graduate with Bachelor’s degree within one (1) year of internship completion
- This position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.
- The expected compensation hourly pay ranges for hires into our 2024 campus intern openings is $20.50 - $39.60/hour
- Role, degree discipline, degree level, and location are part of the process when determining actual starting salary for positions
- Hourly pay for our campus hires is pre-determined and non-negotiable
- We love to convert our interns to full time opportunities! Our full time positions have a comprehensive benefits package that include:
- Paid time off subject to eligibility, including paid parental leave, vacation, sick, and bereavement. In addition to salary, PepsiCo offers a comprehensive benefits package to support our employees and their families, subject to elections and eligibility: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Insurance (Accident, Group Legal, Life), Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement