Early Careers - Managed Care Leadership Development Program – Full-Time Associate
The Cigna Group - Managed Care Leadership Development Program (MCLDP) – Early Career Full-Time Associate
Are you an aspiring business leader? Do you want to make an impact in the healthcare industry? Cigna’s Managed Care Leadership Development Program (MCLDP) develops future leaders through a two-year intensive rotational program through which associates complete impactful, business-critical roles while receiving professional development opportunities and career coaching. The MCLDP provides exposure to a diverse range of business units and functions. Associates drive complex projects and deliver valuable and sustainable results, supplemented by intentional and continuous growth opportunities. The result is an accelerated career trajectory within a Fortune 13 healthcare company.
As an MCLDP associate, you will complete three rotations in different areas of The Cigna Group’s Government and Solutions business. The first two rotations are six months each; during this time, associates work as a general analyst to learn core business areas and skills. Following is a specialized one-year rotation in a specific department within The Cigna Group’s Government and Solutions business. These rotations will expose you to different business areas and give you the opportunity to lead and support key initiatives.
In addition to these rotational experiences, the program will provide you with professional development opportunities, leadership experiences, career coaching, networking and mentorship, exposure to senior leaders, and a supportive community. In the MCLDP, associates learn and grow in a dynamic work environment and have the opportunity to explore a wide variety of career paths following the program.
About Managed Care
Cigna Medicare focuses on “managed care.” Rather than keeping costs down by rejecting claims or reducing access to care, we provide value to our customers by engaging them in preventative care programs and on-going wellness initiatives. Working hard to keep our customers healthy by managing their care is one of the reasons that The Cigna Group has maintained the lowest medical cost trend in the industry over the past several years.
The Managed Care Leadership Development Program supports Medicare Advantage as well as several other of The Cigna Group's businesses including Government Pharmacy, Individual & Family Plans, Supplemental Benefits, and CareAllies. As an MCLDP Associate, you have the opportunity to work in any of these business lines.
Why choose The Cigna Group's MCLDP?
- Medicare Advantage, a Cigna Group enterprise priority, is one of the leading growth and revenue engines of the entire health insurance industry
- Working in the Medicare Advantage space trains future leaders to understand the complexities of operating in a highly-regulated yet innovative environment
- Managed care, which proactively uses whole-person health to reduce the cost of healthcare and improve the value of care provision, is the future of healthcare and a unique asset to this part of the industry
- Unlike other healthcare rotational programs, the MCLDP allows associates to work in a variety of cross-functional roles, such as operations, strategy, marketing, finance and project management in order to create a robust foundation of dedicated work experience that generates leadership potential. Associates are placed in their first rotations based on business need and prior experiences. Subsequent rotations are driven by business priorities, manager input and associate preference.
Additional reasons include the following:
- Improving the health, well-being, and peace of mind of those we serve
- Opportunity to explore multiple business functions and to learn new skills
- Diverse exposure to our business areas
- Ability to directly impact business results and our customers
- Accelerated personal and professional development
- Mentorship from program associates and alumni
- Access to engage with company leadership
- Engagement with collaborative community of associates and alumni
Examples of Rotations Include but are not limited to:
- Business Strategy – Identify go-to-market strategies and opportunities, build business cases, create roadmaps to guide executive decision-making, and prioritize strategic projects to enable growth and expansion
- Clinical Quality and Performance – Build out and launch clinical programs and work side-by-side with providers to improve health outcomes and experience of care for customers
- Pharmacy Operations – Develop internal protocols and testing documentation through analysis of data and policies to streamline delivery of pharmaceuticals
- Compliance – Assess company protocols at state and federal levels for legal compliance and perform risk assessment of company policies and practices
- Project Management – Develop comprehensive project plans, track project performance, and drive deliverables for new business-critical initiatives
- Data & Analytics – Perform data analysis and create dashboards and visualizations in order to develop actionable insights to inform business decisions
- Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in Business, Healthcare, Life Sciences and Data Science
- If your major does not fall within one of the previously mentioned fields, please explain in your cover letter why you are passionate about health services and interested in pursuing a career with the MCLDP
- The program is designed for applicants who have either (1) graduated from college or (2) been discharged from the military, within the last two years
- Prefer cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Prior business exposure through internships/work experience
- Demonstrated motivation, commitment, and willingness to seek other opportunities for excellence, in and beyond the classroom (i.e. campus organizations, community service, work experience, civic engagements, etc.)
- Demonstrated proficiency of interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to operate independently
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Meaningful leadership experience demonstrated by driving results and/or leading change
- A nimble learner with demonstrated ability to effectively adapt to new situations and manage ambiguity
- Involvement in campus/community/work or other activities/organizations (member of student organizations, leadership positions, community service, civic engagement, etc.)
- Proven interest in the health services industry preferred
- Commitment to continuous learning and improvement
- Willingness to relocate based on business needs and the ability to travel when applicable
This role is located onsite which expects most work to be performed at the Nasville office location, but may allow for some work to be performed at home.