Development and Alumni Relations Associate
UW-Parkside’s Office of University Advancement seeks a highly motivated student employees to assist in telling UW-Parkside’s story to university donors, community partners and alumni.
University Advancement is compromised of the marketing, communications, creative services, alumni relations, and development teams on campus. These teams are responsible for representing and uplifting the Parkside branding, securing private funds from individuals, corporations and foundations to support student success and educational initiatives at the University of Wisconsin-Parkside, and establishing and developing internal and external relations. The Development and Alumni Relations Associate will report to the Director of Development or the Director of Donor and Alumni Engagement.
The ideal candidate will be a pro-active, detail-oriented individual who possesses strong organization and communication skills. This individual should also be able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and willing to lend a hand on projects big and small. The ability to multitask and work toward both short-term and long-term deadlines is a must.
Through this position, you will gain professional experience working in a nonprofit setting, sharpen your communication and research skills, assist with event planning and logistical details, and contribute in important ways to University Advancement’s goals for fundraising and strengthening alumni and donor relationships.
This position requires 6-12 hours per week during the semester with the opportunity for additional hours during the summer. Our general business hours are between 8:30am-5:30pm, but some evening and weekend opportunities for work may be available as well.
· Manage student activities and student outreach as the University Advancement Student Ambassador (coordinate student thank you writing, conduct scholarship recipient interviews for storytelling purposes, educate student body about philanthropy on campus, manage student volunteers for Parkside Day activities.)
· Contribute to donor stewardship efforts by making donor thank you calls, writing donor thank you notes, welcoming donors to campus, etc.
· Draft and edit content and communication materials for UW-Parkside’s online presence (email marketing, social media)
· Assist in executing details for University special events as needed
· Act as a student representative at UW-Parkside and UW-Parkside Foundation events as available
· Maintain and update data in the Raiser’s Edge database
· Assemble mailings
· Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
· Undergraduate students with an interest in philanthropy, non-profit management, marketing, management, fundraising, communications, writing, event planning, or public relations.
· Strong communication skills, both written and oral. Must be able to communicate professionally with a variety of audiences, while maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information.
· Must be pro-active, self-directed, detail-oriented and organized.
· Must be flexible and willing to adjust to changing priorities in a deadline-driven environment.
· Must be willing to partake in conversations with UW-Parkside supporters and community members