You are eager to begin your engineering career and start IMPROVING LIVES in the world around you. You thrive in a collaborative environment, and you are looking for a fun, people first culture. You are seeking the opportunity to learn a variety of new skills, as well as gain well-rounded technical knowledge in civil engineering. You value hearing from different perspectives and looking for innovative ways to solve problems. You want an organization where creativity and thinking outside of the box are encouraged. You want to grow as a part of a team and begin making a difference immediately.
As an Intern, you will work with an experienced and dynamic team while being exposed to many aspects of civil engineering. You will be gaining hands-on practical experience and knowledge of standard engineering techniques and procedures. This includes assisting with various project duties as assigned. Interns will work closely with our engineering team in support of studies and analysis, collection of data, design evaluations and calculations.
You will be given the opportunity to work and develop your skills on an array of different types of civil engineering projects. While working with a team on assignments, you will have access to mentors of different levels of experience and exposure to various types of projects.
Intern Responsibilities include:
• Gain understanding of civil engineering processes through plan production and design.
• Gain exposure to design software and civil engineering.
• Increase knowledge base of how engineering plans are used and interpreted in the field.
• Achieve understanding of survey and design interaction.
• Gain knowledge of client standards.
• Develop knowledge of engineering principles and procedures.
• Gain understanding of delivering project scope within budget and on schedule.
• Work with team in project deliverables.
• Develop anlytical and problem-solving skills.
• Support design team through quality control process on prepared plans.
• Support the calculation of quantities and construction cost estimating.