At MFA Oil Company, we offer paid internships that provide college students with the opportunity to develop personally and professionally all while supporting our 94-year history as a farmer-owned cooperative driving the success of our customers and communities through exceptional products and services. We are currently reviewing applications for Summer 2024 internships.
As an intern, you will enjoy a hands-on experience while working side by side with a full-time employee mentor. You’ll have the opportunity to engage first-hand in the day-to-day activities via an assigned project aimed at helping you put your skills to the test and add new skills to your toolbox. Our program equips students with various resources to help shape them into young professionals. From your project mentor to professional and social intern activities, we are dedicated to investing in our interns.
As a company with many different working environments, our selected interns will be placed into a department and project that suits their skillset and area of interest. As a guide, interns will be selected to fit within one of our five internship tracks:
- Sales & Marketing
- Information Technology
- Accounting & Finance
- Human Resources
- Business Management
To learn more about MFA Oil Company and our internship process and timeline, please visit: https://www.mfaoil.com/internships/
As a summer intern, typically you’ll work 30-40 hours per week. Your schedule may be flexible, depending on the project, and is created between you and your manager. While the internship is held during the summer, there is a possibility to extend your employment with MFA Oil based on our needs and your performance in the role. As an organization, we are also committed to internal advancement – including our interns turned full-time employees.
Job duties will vary by project assignment, but may include:
- Providing general administrative assistance and support
- Learning and mastering assigned operations of your department
- Assisting team members with assorted tasks
Students meeting the following qualifications are encouraged to apply:
- Sophomore status (or above) with a GPA of 2.5 or higher. Students with a freshman standing will be considered.
- Must be able to commute to work location (to be determined at time of selection).
- Legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Must have satisfactory background check and/or drug screening (as deemed appropriate).
We’re also looking for interns to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Have good time management skills.
- Have good oral and written communication skills.
- Have good customer service skills.
- Have a high attention to detail.
- Can interact well with a team, as well as customers throughout the business.
- Can create and maintain professional working relationships.
- Can demonstrate self-motivation and initiative.