Position located near IUPUI Campus! (position is part of the Community Work-study program at IUPUI)
This position is limited to IUPUI Student candidates with a Federal Work-Study award. To verify you have a Federal Work-Study award, please go to your One.IU.edu Account, Student Center, Financial Aid Summary. If you have an award, it will be listed with the rest of your financial aid (loans, grants, scholarships, etc.). You may also email the Office of Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about eligibility.
Position Title: Fundraising/Grant Intern
Hourly Wage: starting at $12/hr
About us: Arts for Lawrence (AFL) is a 501 (c)3 nonprofit organization that connects arts and community to inspire everyone every day. Located at the decommissioned Fort Benjamin Harrison, AFL is the visionary for the Fort Ben Cultural Campus and offers public programming in the historic Theater at the Fort, the new Visual Arts Center and the Cultural Plaza which hosts outdoor concerts and festivals. With the recognition that access to the arts is unequal, AFL breaks barriers to ensure everyone has access to a vibrant and creative life.
Job Summary: We are looking for a Fundraising Intern to join our team. Responsibilities include researching potential grants opportunities. Research and gather community data to prepare grant writing.
● Developing strategies and setting goals to hit fundraising targets.
● Research potential donors to gain insight into needs and donation habits to understand how to position our organization to them.
● Assist in brainstorming and creating new methods to raise funds for our organization.
● Assist in planning and coordinating events meant to raise funds.
● Assist Director of Operations in maintaining records of donors and donor communications.
● Prepare digital presentations with research findings.
● Good understanding of fundraising and grant writing.
● Demonstrable ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines.
● Excellent communication and people skills.
● Possess at least a sophomore status at IUPUI (26+ completed credit hours).
● Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or greater.
● Knowledge of MS Office.
● Fundraising or relevant field major.