Manufacturing Engineering Internship - Spring 2024
MEDINA, OH • Engineering
This position will be working with the Continuous Improvement Engineering Department in Medina Ohio to assist in the implementation of all engineering initiatives. This individual will assist in Value Engineering and other world-class practices to eliminate waste within our operations.
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to update routers
- Solves problems confronting manufacturing performance, directly or indirectly, employing engineering analysis, and identifying support as required
- Analyzes and plans workforce utilization, space requirements, workflow, and design layouts of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency
- Participate in the debug, run-off, installation, and start-up of capital equipment
- Must be willing to travel, and work extended hours and weekends as required to perform the objectives of this function
- Participates in and supports the Company’s Six Sigma initiatives
- Participates in Total Lean events to improve productivity and reduce waste
- Promote, educate, and instill a culture of waste identification and elimination throughout the manufacturing operation by utilizing Lean Manufacturing concepts and the principles of Kaizen (continuous improvement)
Must have completed the Freshman year as a minimum and preferably be in the Sophomore, Junior or Senior year of Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Industrial Engineering Program.
Must be willing to travel or reside locally in the Medina, Ohio area. This is an onsite internship.