Marketing and Communications Intern
Position located near IUPUI Campus! (position is part of the Community Work-study program at IUPUI)
This position is limited to IUPUI Student candidates with a Federal Work-Study award. To verify you have a Federal Work-Study award, please go to your One.IU.edu Account, Student Center, Financial Aid Summary. If you have an award, it will be listed with the rest of your financial aid (loans, grants, scholarships, etc.). You may also email the Office of Student Financial Services at email@example.com to inquire about eligibility.
Position Title: Marketing and Communications Intern
Hourly wage: starting at $12/hr
Arts for Lawrence (AFL) is a 501 (c)3 nonprofit organization that connects arts and community to inspire everyone every day. Located at the decommissioned Fort Benjamin Harrison, AFL is the visionary for the Fort Ben Cultural Campus and offers public programming in the historic Theater at the Fort, the new Visual Arts Center and the Cultural Plaza which hosts outdoor concerts and festivals. With the recognition that access to the arts is unequal, AFL breaks barriers to ensure everyone has access to a vibrant and creative life.
We are looking for a zealous Marketing & Communications Intern to join our team. Responsibilities include assisting in organizing campaigns and developing marketing strategies, supporting the organization's work through social media campaigns, print graphic design, website oversight.
· Create, design, and deliver promotional materials for print and digital.
· Oversee website content and updates.
· Partner with Program Manager to write newsletter items & press releases.
· Assist in the organizing of promotional events and traditional or digital campaigns and attend. them to facilitate their success.
· Update and maintain a current Marketing and Social Media plan.
· Undertake daily tasks on social media platforms.
· Participate in events hosted by AFL (evenings and weekends)
· Good understanding of marketing principles.
· Demonstrable ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines.
· Good knowledge of market research techniques and databases.
· Excellent communication and people skills.
· Possess at least a sophomore status at IUPUI (26+ completed credit hours).
· Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or greater.
· Knowledge of MS Office and various social media platforms.
· Communications, Marketing, or relevant field major
· Experience creating graphics.