Rehabilitation Counselor Trainee # 28362 (Bilingual Manual Communication, Vocational Rehab)
Date: Jul 21, 2023
Location: Peoria, IL, US, 61602
Job Requisition ID: 28362
Agency : Department of Human Services
Opening Date: 7/24/2023
Closing Date/Time: 08/04/2023
Salary: Anticipated Salary: $4,326 - $6,271 per month ($51,912-$75,252 per year) + Bilingual Pay
Job Type: Salaried Full Time
Number of Vacancies: 1
Posting Identification Number: 10-50-28362
Work Hours: 8:30am - 5:00pm Monday- Friday
Work Location: 211 Fulton St Peoria, IL 61602-1347
Division of Rehabilitation Services
Bureau of Customer and Community Field Services
The Division of Rehabilitation Services (DRS) is the state’s lead division serving people with disabilities committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, accessibility, and racial justice. The mission of the Division is to assist individuals with disabilities in achieving their goals of employment, education, and independent living. The Division of Rehabilitation Services is seeking to hire a self-motivated and detail-oriented individual with good communication skills. This position coordinates customer case records and documents in a field office pertaining to the service delivery activities to customers in the Bureau of Customer and Community Field Services/Vocational Rehabilitation Program. This position meets with individuals to determine eligibility and develop a plan for services in adherence with applicable state and federal regulations that will allow the individual to obtain or retain competitive integrated employment. This position requires the use of manual communication skills in working with individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing and/or DeafBlind.
- For a period not to exceed twelve months, receives formal and informal orientation in the principles, techniques, procedures, and policies related to rehabilitating persons with disabilities in a general vocational rehabilitation, transition, Secondary Transition Experience Program (STEP), or specialty caseload.
- Studies and becomes proficient in utilizing the Division’s case management system.
- Travels to attend and participate in staff meetings, conferences, workshops, and in-service training related to the discipline of rehabilitation counseling.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
- Requires possession of a Master’s Degree from a college or university program accredited by the Council On Rehabilitation Education (CORE) OR A Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in rehabilitation counseling, rehabilitation administration, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, deaf education, special education, or a closely related field.
- Requires the ability to pass the sign language assessment at the advanced level.
- This class is included as an Upward Mobility Program credential title.
Conditions of Employment
- Travels in the performance of duties.
- The conditions of employment listed here are incorporated and related to any of the job duties as listed in the job description.
The Illinois Department of Human Services serves families in need across Illinois. Our mission is providing equitable access to social services, supports, programs and resources to enhance the lives of all who we serve. We are committed to the core values of Human Dignity, Equity, Community, Urgency, Transparency and Kindness.
As a State of Illinois Employee, you will receive a robust benefit package that includes the following:
• A Pension Program
• Competitive Group Insurance Benefits including Health, Life, Dental and Vision Insurance
• 3 Paid Personal Business Days annually
• 12 Paid Sick Days annually (Sick days carry over from year to year)
• 10-25 Days of Paid Vacation time annually - (10 days in year one of employment)
* Personal, Sick, & Vacation rates modified for 12-hour Work Schedules (as applicable)
• 13 Paid Holidays annually, 14 on even numbered years
• Flexible Work Schedules (when available dependent upon position)
• 10 Weeks Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
• Deferred Compensation Program - A supplemental retirement plan
• Optional Pre-Tax Programs such as Medical Care Assistance Plan (MCAP), Dependent Care Assistance Plan (DCAP)
• Tuition Reimbursement Program and Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program eligibility
• 5% Salary Differential for Bilingual Positions
• Commuter Savings Program (Chicago only)
For more information about our benefits please follow this link: