ES Operations Leadership Development Program - OLDP
About the Leadership Development Program
How does it feel to work on a team driven to make a big impact? Empowering. We believe your career should always be growing. And that’s exactly what it will do at BAE Systems as part of our Leadership Development Program (LDP). The LDP is designed to accelerate the development and career of highly-motivated entry-level individuals or recent college graduates who aspire to achieve their leadership potential. This is accomplished through challenging and rewarding rotational assignments, technical and leadership training, advanced education, leadership opportunities and exposure, and mentorship. You’ll hit the ground running with a company truly committed to your growth as you enjoy a special camaraderie on a team dedicated to protecting what really matters.
To maximize your opportunities for networking and development while working on operations teams, this role will be full-time on site.
As an Operations Leadership Development Program (OLDP) participant, you will gain:
- Rotations: The OLDP consists of three, one-year rotations; each with increasing responsibility. It is designed to provide diverse set of experiences within Operations areas and disciplines. OLDP participants are also exposed to a variety of networking opportunities and strategic project initiatives.
- Education: Participants are required to complete a graduate degree on a part-time basis. The school and specific degree (MBA or Master of Science in Engineering) is left up to the candidate, providing it is applicable to the business. BAE Systems provides tuition assistance for this degree.
- Mentorship: A mentor is assigned to each OLDP participant to expose them to diverse and challenging experiences, while providing guidance in choosing rotations, career development, and off-program placement.
- Training/Conferences: The program seeks to facilitate the growth of an individual's leadership skills through an annual, week-long leadership development conference (LDC). This conference provides personalized leadership training as well as an opportunity to network with senior BAE Systems executives and other leadership development program participants across the company.
The OLDP is a three-year rotational program designed to develop high potential, entry-level individuals into future leaders. You’ll have the opportunity to experience assignments in several operational functions, business areas, and product groups nationwide.
Rotational examples include:
- Supply Chain Planner
- Industrial Engineer
- Production Control
- Strategic Sourcing
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Operations Program Specialist
- Subcontract Administrator
- Value Stream Specialist/Supervisor
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering (Manufacturing, Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical, etc.), Data Science (Analytics), Business Administration (or other applicable majors)
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership abilities in academic and non-academic pursuits
- Participation in a variety of extracurricular activities
All candidates must be able to:
- Consider relocation during the rotational program
- Start at one of our major ES locations: (in alpha order)
- Austin, TX
- Cedar Rapids, IA
- Fort Wayne, IN
- Greenlawn/Endicott, NY
- Huntsville, Al
- Manassas, VA
- Nashua/Merrimack/Hudson/Manchester, NH
- Wayne, NJ
- Obtain and maintain a Department of Defense security clearance
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership abilities
- Advanced communication skills
- Growth Mindset – willingness to learn
- Listening / Feedback