Baum Farms, located in Geneseo, Illinois is a multi-generation operation that has been working some of the same Henry County land since 1848, growing corn and soybeans. Baum Farms is made up of a positive team, that strives to improve each day. We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Mechanic to join us full-time, keeping Baum Farms line of quality equipment running at peak performance.
· Industry leading competitive wages, based on experience.
· Work Vehicle
· IRA (Retirement): Including a $250 per month employer contribution!
· $55/ month cell phone stipend
· Generous Paid Time Off
· Paid Holidays
Hours: At Baum Farms, family and work life balance is important. We do not work on Sundays. During peak seasons, we operate on a Monday- Saturday schedule, and a Monday- Friday schedule during non-peak seasons.
· Contribute to a safe work environment.
· Maintain a clean and organized shop and service truck.
· Manage equipment service and maintenance records.
· Work with Operations Manager to prioritize shop use and equipment repair and maintenance schedule.
· General maintenance and repairs of farm tractors, combines and implements, semi-tractors and trailers, pickup trucks, and grain handling facilities.
· Implement and adhere to a preventative maintenance schedule for all equipment in alignment with manufacturer and company guidelines.
· Follow a pre-season inspection schedule and complete annual maintenance. Inspect equipment for mechanical, structural, and normal wear items.
· Fabricate repair parts/patches as needed through use of basic millwright skills (measurement, design, cutting, welding, etc.)
· Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
· Ensure all equipment is ready for daily use.
· Ensure parts inventory is maintained and recorded.
During peak seasons, this position may be required to operate farm equipment and semi-tractor trailers based on the needs of the operation.
· Technical degree or certification in Agricultural or Diesel Mechanics
· At least 2 years of mechanic work with heavy equipment and trucks is preferred
· Experience in working with farm equipment is desired
· Proficient in the use of computer diagnostic tools, power tools and general shop tools