Child Life Specialist
Child Life Specialist
- Springfield, Illinois
- Allied Health
- Utilization / Case Management
- HSHS St. John's Hospital
- Regular Full-Time
Educates, prepares and supports infants, children, adolescents and their families through difficult tests, procedures and the sometimes-drastic changes that happen within their families due to chronic or acute illness, treatment and recovery. Provides a comprehensive program of services for emotional and developmental support to minimize the stress of illness/hospitalization. Advocate for the special needs of children and their families.
Master's degree in Human/Child Development, Psychology, Education or related field is required.
Six months of working with children and families in a clinical setting is preferred.
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations:
Certified Child Life Specialist (CCLS) is required and/or a program started with the first two years of employment.
Certification will be required through the Child Life Certification Commission/Association of Child Life Professionals, or eligible to sit for the exam.
Throughout communities in Illinois and Wisconsin, 15 hospitals, numerous community-based health centers and clinics, our 15,000+ colleagues have built a culture based on our solid core values of respect, care, competence, and joy. These are the ideals we believe in, work by, and live each day.
Built upon more than 145 years of service to the communities we serve, we now look to the future and our place in it as a health care system that strives to continually improve processes, procedures, and outcomes with the latest and most advanced technologies and treatments.
Regardless of how far our passion for excellence carries us, our focus will always remain on the most important person in our entire organization: The patient.
HSHS requires COVID-19 vaccines or an approved medical or religious exemption for all colleagues.
HSHS and affiliates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
HSHS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
HSHS provides a benefits package designed to support the overall well-being of our colleagues including their physical, emotional, financial, spiritual, and work health. Colleagues budgeted to work at least 32 hours per pay period are eligible for HSHS benefits.
- Comprehensive and affordable health coverage includes medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage for full-time and part-time colleagues.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) combines vacation, sick, and personal days into one balance to allow you the flexibility to use your time off as you need.
- Retirement benefits including HSHS contributions.
- Education Assistance benefits include up to $4,000 of educational assistance each calendar year and tuition discounts to select colleges with no waiting period.
- Adoption Assistance provides financial support up to $7,500 for colleagues growing their families through adoption to reimburse application and legal fees, transportation, and more!
- Other benefits include: Wellness program with incentives, employer-paid life insurance and short-term and long-term disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, employee assistance program, ID theft coverage, colleague rewards and recognition program, discount program, and more!