Cajun Village Property Assistants
The Front Desk Agent is a key position for the Office of University Housing responsible for providing the best first impression and welcoming center for all aspects of housing: Residence Hall(s), Apartment Complex(s), and other assigned building(s). The front desk agent will report to the Front Desk Supervisor and Property Manager. As a main point of contact for guests, visitors, and people both within and outside the University community, this position must always demonstrate professionalism and the highest levels of guest service while responding quickly and effectively.
Responsibilities (but not limited to)
Daily Business Operations:
- Answer desk phone and provide accurate information
- Monitor access to the building to ensure only approved individuals are entering the building
- Walk and inspect grounds, and report updates to the Property Manager
- Report any suspicious activity to Property Manager/Res Life staff
- Understand the housing function to be able to answer general housing questions
- Use software system to report maintenance issues as reported by students, spouses, or other family members
General Expectations and Duties:
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule (nights, weekends, holidays)
- Must be willing to learn the housing management system
- Have knowledge of office procedures including filing, typing, and phone skills.
- Possess the ability to demonstrate the following qualities: professionalism, effective leadership skills, personal maturity, dependability, motivation, initiative, integrity, responsibility, discretion, and strong interpersonal communication skills (oral and written).
- Must be a full-time degree-seeking student