Product Manager - MBA Intern
** Remote Opportunity**
- The fastest email experience in the world
- Loved and adored: see what our customers say
Our customers get through their inboxes twice as fast; many see inbox zero for the first time in years.
Come shape the future of email, communication, and productivity!
BUILD LOVE 💜
At Superhuman, we deeply understand how to build products that people love. We incorporate fun and play; we infuse magic and joy; we make experiences that amaze and delight.
It all starts with the right team — a team that deeply cares about values, customers, and each other.
CREATE MASSIVE IMPACT 🚀
We're not solving a small problem, and we're not addressing a small market. We're going after email; the one activity that consumes more of our work day than any other.
Our ambition doesn't stop there. Next: calendars, notes, contacts, and tasks. We are building the productivity platform of the future.
DO THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE 🌟
We have created the frameworks for how to build product market fit and redefined the narrative of how to onboard customers successfully. We have shown the world it’s possible to build a premium productivity brand. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, First Round Capital, IVP, Tiger Global Management, Sam Altman, and the founders of Gmail, Dropbox, Reddit, Discord, Stripe, GitHub, AngelList, and Intercom.
Our latest financing was led by IVP, and we welcomed Ajay Vashee to our board. Our prior financing was led by Andreessen Horowitz, and we welcomed Marc Andreessen and David Ulevitch to our board.
This time, we’re swinging beyond the fences and fundamentally rethinking how individuals and teams should collaborate. We are building a household brand and a worldwide organization. We are here to do the best work of our lives, and we hope you are too.
As a Product Manager Intern, you will think deeply about the problems our customers are facing, gather qualitative and quantitative input to support road mapping, and collaborate within EPD to build delightful experiences for our customers.
This role will sit on our Product Team and report to our Core Product Lead. You will primarily focus on customer discovery, particularly:
- Core Product Discovery: Superhuman's product is our most important company asset. As our customer base grows, we need to make sure our product evolves to meet the needs of everyone. In this project, you will talk to 1-2 customers per week to get their feedback on the Superhuman desktop experience, explore our thousands of pieces of customer feedback, and gain an understanding of current usage patterns. You will be responsible both for generating insights to help us prioritize new features as well as setting up a continuous discovery process we can continue into the foreseeable future.
- Product Development: As you're thinking about what features will excite our customers the most, you will also have the opportunity to collaborate with one of our product managers to build and ship a feature. You will collaborate with our talented engineering and design teams to make tradeoffs and see the building and testing process through to achieve a remarkable quality result.
SOUND LIKE YOU? 🙌
- Experience: You are a current grad or MBA student with prior experience in product management, strategy consulting, customer service, or other customer-facing roles.
- Curious: You love exploring new and existing paradigms to add to your repertoire of ideas and solutions. You are exceptionally curious about new products and how users will respond to them.
- Empathetic: You deeply understand how customers think. You can accurately predict how changes will make them feel. You enjoy creating delight.
- Excellent Communication: You are comfortable and confident sharing your thoughts in verbal or written form. You can engage constructively in debate and discussion with your colleagues and peers.
- Appreciation of Quality: You are very enthusiastic about your favorite products, and can articulate why they’re incredible. You are excited to build a premium brand.
- Technical Understanding: You can speak thoughtfully with engineers. You can help make technical trade-offs when building features.
- Location: We're open to you joining us in our San Francisco office or from a home office anywhere in North America.
SALARY & BENEFITS 💸
- Our salary for this role is $30-35/hr for 35 hours a week over 2-3 months.
- MacBook Pro + workstation setup for the duration of your internship.
- $60/week for your lunches, groceries, or whatever nutrition you need to stay fueled up!
- PTO and unlimited sick time off.
At Superhuman, we value diversity. We are an equal-opportunity employer: we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.