Life Scientist/Physical Scientist/Environmental Engineer (Remedial Project Manager) - R6
This position is in Region 6, Superfund and Emergency Management Division, Remedial Branch. About Region 6
This is an office-centered position--you must physically report to the duty station stated in this announcement on a regular basis. Partial work-from-home flexibilities may be authorized.
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- Determine appropriate cleanup actions, methods, and tools for toxic and hazardous waste sites.
- Direct contractual work efforts in cases where EPA must assume the cleanup duties to assure that federal funds are properly expended and that contractors are utilized effectively and efficiently.
- Monitor responsible party effort during remedial cleanups to assure compliance with all requirements of applicable regulations.
- Participate in or monitor enforcement activities.
- Perform community relations activities within a public forum.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses. NOTE: Career ladder promotions are not automatic, and all eligibility and qualifications requirements must be met in order to progress to the next grade level.
One or more positions may be filled (in the organization advertised and/or in other organizations), if appropriate to the position.
You will spend less than 25% of your work time on contracts, grants/cooperative agreements, and/or interagency agreements.