Senior Program Associate, Farmer 2 Farmer
POSITION TITLE: Senior Program Associate - Farmer 2 Farmer
LOCATION: Arlington, VA; Little Rock, AR; or remote in the USA
DEPARTMENT: Agriculture Resilience and Water
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
ARW Senior Program Associate – Farmer to Farmer
Winrock International (Winrock) is a non-profit organization that works around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock strengthens the capacity of women, children, youth, civil society organizations, and businesses to actively participate in sustainable development and to positively impact society.
Winrock’s Agriculture, Resilience and Water (ARW) is a global team that works collaboratively and aspires to best utilize the diverse skills and experiences of all members to better serve communities across the world. ARW partners with rural communities, businesses, and local leaders to develop market-oriented, climate-smart solutions that increase food production and profitability, expand market access, secure natural resources, and build resilient livelihoods. Using a systems lens, we apply local and global expertise to advance inclusive, equitable, and sustainable economic growth for all, especially the historically marginalized.
ARW leadership strives for transparent management and maintains an open-door policy. The ARW team aims to cultivate a culture of inclusion, growth, and learning. The ideal ARW team member is passionate, a strong problem solver, open to new ideas, adaptable, and is motivated to participate in collaborative learning and project management.
Description of Role
As a part the ARW team, you will support the implementation and administration of the Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) Program and F2F associate award, Enabling Farmers for Agricultural Transformation (EFAT) Project. You will provide backend support (e.g. project management requirements, monitoring and evaluation (M&E), subcontract administration, meeting notes, etc.) for all programmatic activities, as well as support for communications (e.g. website updates, social media and blog content development, online community of practice administration, etc.).
This position offers the opportunity to play a significant role in supporting the F2F program's main goal of generating sustainable, broad-based economic growth in the agricultural sector through voluntary technical assistance. This is the perfect position for an individual who does not have an agriculture background but is interested in learning. You will get to learn about variety of agriculture topics through our volunteer deliverables. Additionally, you will increase the understanding of international development issues and programs among the U.S. public through outreach by sharing this knowledge and experiences gained through volunteers.
F2F is actively developing strategies to involve leaders and skilled individuals from historically marginalized communities and communities of color in our program. We are seeking candidates who are passionate about advancing this mission and strongly encourage applications from these individuals.
- Assist with project backstopping and administrative tasks for assigned projects, as delegated by the Project Manager or Project Director. This may include assisting with quality control in reporting and deliverables, providing programmatic and budgetary analysis, procurement and service contract development and management and administrative and logistical support.
- Coordinate M&E activities, quantitative report data analysis & reporting, and outreach to support program implementation for the Farmer-to-Farmer programs This includes:
- Coordinate deadlines and instructions for field staff related to M&E tasks/data
- Review, edit, and approve F2F assignment documents (e.g., End of Assignment reports and impact surveys) as assigned
- Prepare and ensure quality of report indicator tables with quantitative M&E data for F2F semi-annual, annual, and final reports; lead data analysis related to quantitative indicator tables;
- Contribute to data analysis related to final impact reporting; summarize final quantitative data in a clear and succinct way for the final reports
- Contribute to data quality control and ensure data consistency across both programs
- Coordinate and contribute to outreach (Facebook, blogs, etc.)
- Contribute to the identification of best practices and lessons learned related to F2F M&E systems, documents, and processes
- Serve actively on committees/sub-committees (as assigned) within the greater Farmer-to-Farmer community of practice
- Provide substantive input for proposal development and assist in proposal preparation and coordination. This may include managing the proposal preparation team and subcontractors, supporting capture trips, writing proposal text, recruiting and interviewing candidates, formatting documents and CVs, performing internet-based research, etc.
- As time in the role increases, expect increasing ownership of certain projects and deliverables appropriate to position title.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
You are a motivated candidate who is able to manage simultaneous programmatic and administrative tasks and produce timely, high-quality products in a remote work environment. You have the focus to handle complex, evolving assignments and responsibilities. You have the strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills needed for engaging and managing relationships with a wide range of colleagues, stakeholders, partners, and funders. The demonstrated ability to work well in teams on multiple organizational levels and across cultures is a necessity.
Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
Experience & Skills
- Minimum two years of experience in project coordination, administration, and/or logistical support.
- Excellent organization and management skills, including ability to coordinate multiple project and proposal tasks and meet deadlines while ensuring quality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, in particular Excel and Word.
- Able to communicate in a clear, professional, and positive manner with U.S.-based team members, in-country staff, and stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment with respect for diversity.
- Demonstrated strong quantitative and qualitative analytical capability required.
- Proactive and solutions-oriented approach to communication and problem-solving.
- Fluency in English required (written and oral).
- Required Travel: Must be willing and able to travel both domestically and internationally on short trips.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Please submit a CV and cover letter by June 12, 2023. Applications will only be reviewed after the deadline. By the week of June 12,2023 select applicants will be invited to participate in a screening call with Winrock’s Talent Acquisitions team in order to verify your qualifications and experience relevant to the role. Successful candidates will then be invited for a behavioral interview with the Farmer-to-Farmer team. Offers are expected to be made by late-June 2023 with a July 2023 anticipated start date.
Guided by our belief that organizations do their best work when individuals with different backgrounds and perspectives are fully engaged, Winrock International is dedicated to building an inclusive workplace that respects the dignity of each individual. We are committed to fostering a culture that embraces diverse perspectives, and believe that a diverse workforce broadens our understanding of the communities we serve and enhances and enriches our work.
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. Winrock recruits, employs, trains, promotes and compensates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
At Winrock we have a clear mission: Empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity and sustain natural resources through unwavering dedication to accountability, equity, innovation, integrity and transformation.
Winrock knows that its success comes from the hard work and steadfast dedication of its diverse workforce. Winrock remains committed to maintaining diversity, inclusion and equity across the entire organization