KDM Engineering 2023 Summer Internship
KDM Engineering 2023 Summer Internship Program
Human Resources /Marketing and Communications Intern
Grow your expertise, skills, and experience through the KDM Engineering 2023 Internship Program. KDM is a growing, award-winning, minority- and woman-owned professional engineering firm focusing on electric, gas, site civil, and telecommunications engineering designs and support services. KDM Engineering provides a one-of-a-kind, client-recognized training and mentorship program. We give our new recruits the opportunity to become effective and knowledgeable engineers at a much faster pace than our competitors. Interns will be exposed to multiple departments and projects through our hands-on learning approach.
The Intern supports the Human Resources / Marketing Team. They will help in creating external and internal communications with the goal of engaging audiences with the KDM brand, be exposed to HR and Cultural and engagement practices.
What you will learn
· Creates and designs 3 social media posts per week. Monitors social media platforms.
· Writes at least 1 blog post.
· Creates internal communications, including monthly internal newsletter and monthly photo slideshow on internal TVs.
· Produces and curates photography and videos of team activities.
· Assists with development of content and design for the company’s intranet.
· Supports production of brand materials including case studies, capability statements, one-pagers, brochures, presentations, and other collateral.
· Assist with HR onboarding
· Exposure to HR hiring practices
· Organize and execute one social event (Interns going away party)
· Develop and deliver one employee engagement activity or initiative.
· Major in Business Administration, Communications, Marketing, or Public Relations.
· Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite (including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator), website content management systems, email marketing, and social media platforms.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Basic graphic design, photography, and video skills.
· High level of attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
· Ability to work well under pressure and strict time constraints.
• June 20, 2023, until August 28, 2023
• Primary location: 1308 N. Elston Ave., Chicago, IL 60642
• Work Schedule: In-Person, Monday–Thursday, 9am–5pmA
Why Choose KDM Engineering?
Established in 2012 on a promise to alter the face of engineering, KDM Engineering has built a reputation of excellence in providing outstanding technical services, maintaining the highest standards of safety and quality assurance, and offering a truly inclusive work environment.
Our clients and partners in the public and private sectors consistently recognize KDM for our responsiveness to their needs, budgets, and schedules. Our peers distinguished KDM with Edison Electric Institute's Diverse Supplier Award, Capital One and Women Presidents’ Organization’s (WPO) 50 Fastest Growing Women-Owned/Led Companies, and Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For annually for seven years.
Our talented, experienced team delivers exceptional engineering designs, project management, and customer support services to each of our projects. Our enduring commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is unmatched in our industry. Because our team comes from different backgrounds, cultures, and experiences, we bring uniquely different and diverse perspectives to solving complex engineering problems.
Top Reasons to Work for Us:
- Challenging and Meaningful Work
- Great Work-Life Balance
- Fun and Flexible Work Environment
- Organization with People-First Mentality
- Dynamic Leadership Team
- A Culture that Values Your Input
Full List of Benefits & Perks:
· Positive team environment
· Training and professional development
· Career coach on-staff
· Supportive management
· Culture engagement group
· Professional development assistance
· Laidback office culture, including pool table, arcade games, and happy hour
· Meditation space, nap room, and nursing mothers’ room
Equal Employment Opportunity:
KDM Engineering strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Join us in re-engineering the future, together!
Interested candidates should send their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org