Junior Planning Analyst - JC-375322
Electricity Planning and Market Design/Integrated Resource Planning:
The Integrated Resource Planning (IRP) Section is seeking a junior planning analyst to provide program oversight and policy/technical analysis to support the state’s resource and infrastructure planning efforts, including providing a team lead role in the IRP process. Projects assigned to this position will be subject to close attention from Commissioners, Administrative Law Judges, and executive management; as well as the media, the Legislature, and other agencies due to the complexity, statewide impact, monetary scope, and level of policy development involved.
Under the direction of the Project and Program Supervisor, the analyst will advise and assist high-level decision-makers such as Commissioners, Judges, and Energy Division management. The analyst may act as a team leader and project coordinator and will prepare written reports and analyses on economic, policy and/or technical issues related to the state's integrated resource planning programs.
Specifically, the analyst’s duties and responsibilities could be the following:
- Conduct research and technical analyses on complex energy policy and energy market issues with moderate direction.
- Work to develop and refine parts of a complex regulatory proceeding in a team environment.
- Develop creative solutions to complex analytical problems while taking into consideration the market and policy implications.
- Manage a contract with consultants that provide technical support to the IRP process.
- Coordinate with analysts in other Energy Division sections and branches on policy, generation, and transmission-related issues.
- Develop expertise regarding the California energy markets, long-term energy resource planning, and the state’s transmission planning process.
- Organize and facilitate workshops and/or stakeholder meetings.