Corporate Sales Intern - Summer 2023
Corporate Sales Intern
Position: Part-Time Internship
Pay: Commission only, unlimited earning potential
This entry-level position will be to fulfill a sales internship position for a professional services firm. The role includes building relationships with other business owners. The position is responsible for developing and nurturing a lead generation pipeline, cold call appointment setting, generating sales qualified leads as well as initiating client relationships for assigned projects. This position relies on motivation, organization, customer service, critical thinking, and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Professionally communicate via phone and email to set appointments for assigned projects
- Effectively cold call and build a lead generation pipeline
- Internalize and accurately leverage processes, industry best practices, and applicable tools like Salesforce and G-Suite
- Continuously learn about project specifics including, but not limited to, the value proposition, discovery/qualification criteria, and competitive landscape
- Consistently achieve or exceed monthly target established by supervisor
- Retain training and direction from company leadership
- Adherence and accountability with regards to company policies and values
- Work effectively in a collaborative work environment and professionally represent the business
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Highly motivated and disciplined self-starter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Must be able to type a minimum of 40 wpm
- College student currently enrolled in classes
- Maintain a regular work schedule of 20 hours per week
Proficiency in the following is desirable but not required
- Working knowledge of G-Suite, and CRM systems such as Salesforce.com
- Professional Sales college courses completed
The intern will receive training from a former Silicon Valley sales professional on a regular basis, multiple times per week. Performance evaluations will be given periodically.
The internship will include monthly professional development workshops and seminars to help prepare the intern for a successful career in corporate America.
Start date is ASAP. The duration of internship is 3 months.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Every intern will be supervised virtually. Feedback will be given at the end of each workday. Communication procedures include frequent video calls, a company instant messaging system, and regular email correspondence.
*please submit resume in PDF form through Handshake*