Software Engineer - Intern
Jaxon Engineering is looking for a Software Engineer Intern to work in our Colorado Springs location.
Jaxon is a distinguished leader in Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) hardening and survivability. We design EMP systems and facilities, and deliver high quality technical services. Jaxon is the only company able to offer turn-key EMP shielding products and services to our Department of Defense and commercial customers.
Successful candidates for our Software Engineer Intern position will be able to develop software using Python 3, Git, and Gitlab, and modify existing software packages.
Salary: $20.00 per hour
- Development, testing, validation, and improvement of software supporting data acquisition and data reduction processes for scientific testing and reporting workflows
- Currently pursuing a B.S. in Computer Science (or related degree), equivalent software experience, or a combination of both
- Ability to obtain a Dept of Defense Secret clearance
- Familiar with Python 3, Git, and Gitlab
- Comfort with or ability to learn Full Stack Development, UI Design, and Requirement Testing
- Self-motivated and well organized with demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Able to translate business/client requirements into design specifications
- Able to investigate and troubleshoot software issues
- Able to work independently