Human Resources Intern
Internship Title: Human Resources Intern
Type: Short-Term Internship
Location: Corporate Headquarters Office – Silver Spring, MD
Internship Duration: June 2, 2023, to August 3, 2023
Intern Key Responsibilities:
- Conduct research and summarize best practices and current initiatives for HR policies.
- Compile recommendations for various HR research assignments.
- Updating our internal databases with new employee information like contact details and employment forms.
- Prepare and analyze HR-related reports as needed.
- Assist in addressing employee inquiries about benefits, HR policies, bonus awards, and other HR-related matters.
- Use the ticketing support system to help in responding to HR requests and inquiries.
- Assist in supporting the Human Resources Specialist in the new employee onboarding process.
- Support in the off-boarding process of employees.
- Lead and organize company events as instructed.
- Draft offer letters, termination letters, separation letters, and other official HR documents as directed by the Human Resources Manager.
- Coordinating new hire orientations.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the internship mentor and Human Resources Manager.
Learning Objectives & Goals:
- Learn about working in business/corporate operations and Human Resources.
- Expand knowledge in conducting research and analyzing/synthesizing findings.
- Gain more experience in the different functions of Human Resources and various processes.
- Support in developing a strategic plan and developing projects/groups to get a new initiative up and running.
- Weekly – present or provide a report about the knowledge acquired during the week.
- Final project – show knowledge of IBSS internal HR processes/procedures and research findings.
Required Skills /Education/ Certifications & Qualifications:
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field is required.
- Interest in the human resources field.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced interpersonal skills.
- Effective organizational skills, attention to detail, time management, and prioritization skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
About IBSS Corp
Since 1992, IBSS, a woman-owned small business, has provided transformational consulting services to the Federal defense, civilian, and commercial sectors. Our services include cybersecurity and enterprise information technology, environmental science and engineering (including oceans, coasts, climate, and weather), and professional management services.
Our approach is to serve our employees by investing in their growth and development. As a result, our employees bring greater capabilities and provide an exceptional level of service to our clients. In addition to creating career development opportunities for our employees, IBSS is passionate about giving back to the community and serving the environment. We strive to leave something better behind for the next generation.
We measure our success by the positive impact we have on our employees, clients, partners, and the communities we serve. Our tagline, Powered by Excellence, is a recognition of the employees that make up IBSS and ensures we deliver results with quality, applying industry best practices and certifications.
IBSS offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage with a company-paid deductible, paid time off, federal holidays, matching 401K plan, tuition/professional development reimbursement, and Flex-Spending (FSA)/Dependent Care Account (DCA) options.
IBSS is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Click https://www.eeoc.gov/poster to see, The EEO is the law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to the HR Department, Francesca Urrutia at (703) 826-4302, or email at HR@ibsscorp.com