Assistant Store Manager
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER
Title of Position: Assistant Store Manager
Reports To: Store Manager
Supervises Direct Reports: No
Work Location: Stores – Varies
Job Code: ASTMGR- varies
Grade: Varies: 4A_FLD, 4B-FLD. 4C_FLD
Travel Required: No
Date: September 2021
The Assistant Store Manager is primarily responsible for supporting the store manager in
managing the sales, operations, asset protection, and human resources functions of the store
to ensure a great customer experience and maximum profitability.
• Prepares weekly schedules to ensure proper floor coverage within fiscal guidelines;
reviews time sheets and other payroll documentation for accuracy and submits as
• Promotes customer service by ensuring associates are greeting and assisting
customers; responds to customer inquiries and complaints in a professional and
• Supervises associates engaged in sales, inventory receipt, reconciling cash receipts, or
in performing services for customers.
• Models sales expectations by utilizing various techniques and communicating
product knowledge to the customer; recommends merchandise selections or helps
to locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
• Maintains a visually appealing store, ensuring proper housekeeping, visual
merchandising, and organization are kept to the highest standard.
• Trains associates on visual merchandising techniques to ensure store is always
• Monitors associate sales activities and productivity; acknowledges and communicates
performance to associates; motivates and trains associates to achieve full potential.
• Performs all financial activities effectively and in accordance with policy including
cash handling and reporting, price changes, and merchandise handling; ensures all
register transactions are completed accurately and in accordance with policy.
• Administers all operational processes including inventory receipt/dispatch, daily
replenishment of floor merchandise levels, and execution and preparation of physical
• Facilitates and/or manages the general operations of the store ensuring that the store
is in working order and adequately maintained to ensure safe and efficient operations.