Digital Marketing Internship - Climate Action, Sustainability & Resiliency
The City and County of Denver utilizes a hybrid model workplace that balances the responsibilities of public service with the benefits of a flexible work environment. Employees work where needed, at a city site and/or in the field at least a portion of their week and telecommute remotely at a designated workplace within the State of Colorado the remaining days. This internship will be mostly onsite, working approximately 20-30 hours a week this Summer 2023.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible because this posting may close without advanced notice.
The Office of Climate Action, Sustainability and Resiliency’s (CASR) mission is to act with urgency to proactively mitigate climate change. Our objectives are to advance science-based strategies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions on a scale and timeline that align with the recommendations from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, cultivate resiliency in the face of potential climate change-related emergencies, secure an economically, socially, and environmentally sustainable city for generations to come, and ensure that the setting of goals and metrics and monitoring of results considers equity.
The City and County of Denver is committed to cultivating a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion. CASR fosters this culture among staff through a variety of actions, including team equity conversations, professional development, and training, embedding equity into all aspects of its workplans, and building a collaborative team environment. Our goal is to build a team that is as diverse as our community, with different perspectives and unique ways of thinking. If you share these values and our enthusiasm for equity, we encourage you to apply to join our team.
The Digital Marketing Intern will be within the Communications Team, specifically under the Digital Marketing Content Coordinator, to assist and support developing and implementing awareness of our office’s initiatives, programs, and events through social media engagement. You will:
- Gain an in-depth knowledge creating and managing multiple social media accounts, developing content to inform, educate and engage the brand’s audience to increase awareness and achieve marketing goals.
- Gain experience with content management systems and social media analytics, including running targeted ads on social media sites.
As an intern, you will have the opportunity to experience:
- Assist with design and execution of social media campaigns
- Provide support for the creation of social media content for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other platforms
- Create and distribute content such as graphics, infographics, and videos on social media
- Use social media to tell stories on how the Climate Protection Fund is improving people's lives and reducing emissions
- Brainstorm and research ideas for original content
- Help create and edit short-form videos and assist with photo/video content shoots
- Track social media engagement to identify high-performing ideas and campaigns for scalability
- Educate residents about the ways they can take climate action locally as well as combat misinformation around climate change in Denver
- Create a Report/one-pager/public presentation on social media marketing research
- Present to CASR staff at the end of the summer
Our ideal candidate will have/be:
- A current or recent graduate of a program focusing on communications, digital communications, English, Environmental studies, or closely related field
- A mission-driven mindset and the desire to tackle climate action in Denver
- A strong emphasis on equity and inclusion, with either professional or lived experience working with people from diverse backgrounds, including communities of color and under-resourced communities
- Familiarity with social media platforms, like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a creative viewpoint
- Experience with image/video editing software a plus
- Knowledge/Proficiency in AP Style a plus
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education requirement: Current enrollment in an accredited college program leading to a certificate, licensure, associates, bachelor’s, or higher degree or a recent graduate (completed specified program within 1 year of completion).
- Experience Requirement: None
- Education/Experience Equivalency: None
Other requested documentation required to be considered for this position:
Current college transcripts unofficial or official
About Everything Else
TA3181 Professional Administration Intern
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here.
Position Salary Range
$18.84 - $21.21 based on level of education
Climate Action, Sustainability & Resiliency
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.