Broomfield Economic Vitality Internship
City and County of Broomfield Economic Vitality Internship
The City and County of Broomfield is a close-knit community with a thriving business sector. The Economic Vitality and Development Department is seeking an intern who can assist in creating a collaborative business environment while learning about the core aspects of economic and business development. The position start date is flexible and the timeframe for participating would be a maximum of one year. Applicant must be in good academic standing in an undergraduate or graduate program.
Please submit a short cover letter expressing why you are interested in the internship, a resume and one letter of recommendation to firstname.lastname@example.org. The posting will remain open until the position is filled.
The Economic Vitality (EV) Intern is responsible for strengthening Broomfield’s business database, progressing department programs and supporting outreach efforts. The EV intern will support the EV team in compiling and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data used for business recruitment, retention and support efforts. Reports to the Business Development Manager.
Essential Functions :
● Contributes to data entry and record management within Hubspot.
● Identifies appropriate businesses in Broomfield for a future restaurant guide.
● Conducts research and compiles information from a variety of sources on local companies and business activity in the City and County of Broomfield.
● Identifies contacts within targeted Broomfield companies.
● Assists in tasks related to qualitative and quantitative data collection, compilation, analyses and the development of reports, per direction of the EV team.
● Researches and writes newsletter posts and presents ideas for ongoing content series.
● Participates in business visits for attraction, retention or expansion efforts with department staff.
● Performs other duties as required and necessary to ensure the success of the organization.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
● Ability to consistently promote, support, work and act in a manner in support of Broomfield’s mission and values.
● Knowledge of and ability to proficiently use Google Office suite.
● Demonstrated research skills required. Must be ready to learn how to leverage and use Hubspot CRM.
● Ability to learn quickly on the job.
● Ability to do detailed work accurately and adhere to timelines.
● Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
● Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, able to prioritize multiple initiatives.
● Ability to perform as a self-starter, to work independently and take initiative.
● Must be able to interact well with others and actively seek out work.
● Ability to be responsible with confidential information and material.
● Must pass a background check.
● Must be able to update your information and regularly input hours into your VolunteerHub profile and other reporting documents as necessary.
● Work is generally performed in a professional office environment.
● Position requires flexibility of scheduled work hours which may include evening hours for meetings inside and outside of the organization.
● Approximately 10-15 hours per week.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Ability to stand, lift, bend, walk and reach.
● Requires reaching with arms and hands, having good manual dexterity, using hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone, handle or feel.
● Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
● Physical effort is generally not required; however, light physical effort may be required by moving and positioning objects up to 20 pounds occasionally and/or 10 pounds frequently.