Dining Services - The Maize Student Worker
Join our team and work in a fun atmosphere with flexible scheduling! Student workers are responsible for a variety of tasks including:
- Provide excellent customer service to Maize guests.
- Food preparation and cooking
- Replenishing food and beverages
- Keeping service area and dining area clean
- Dish washing
Benefits of working for Dining Services
- Higher wage than most campus jobs
- Many shifts available to fit any schedule
- Student-friendly work environment and all academic breaks off
- Opportunities for advancement
- Free Food during breaks
- Perform responsibilities consistently to meet quality expectations in accordance with all company standards and procedures
- Follow directions of supervising staff accurately.
- Manage time, tasks, and schedules to perform job responsibilities and duties in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Adhere to proper food handling techniques outlined by state law, including storage, food temperatures, sanitation, and equipment cleaning process.
- Provide high-quality customer service in the quick-service cafe.
- Manage and stock food, beverage, and silverware stations to anticipate guest needs and provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Interact with customers to address routine concerns and inquiries.
- Clean all work areas and equipment and ensure they are stored in accordance with state law.
- Perform food preparation duties, such as line-cooking, preparing sandwiches, portioning food, and brewing coffee in a fast-paced environment.
- Utilize cashier and common restaurant equipment.
- Serve multiple customers at one time.
- Perform opening and closing duties, which include stocking, merchandising, cash reconciliation, food storage, record keeping, and cleaning.