Intern, China EV Charging Infrastructure, Beijing
The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) is an award-winning, independent, global, non-profit research organization that provides data-driven research to advance policies that reduce the health and environmental impacts of the transportation sector. The ICCT offers a mission-driven and culturally diverse workplace where intelligence, flexibility, transparency, and good humor are highly valued. Join our team of more than 141 talented researchers and operations staff with offices in Washington D.C., San Francisco, Berlin, Beijing, and São Paulo.
The ICCT is looking for an intern to join our office in Beijing, working to support the optimization of China’s electric vehicle charging infrastructure network. The internship will have a duration of 6 months with the possibility to extend longer. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in the nonprofit sector.
- Contribute to research projects that assess the status-quo and future needs of electric vehicle charging infrastructure in China
- Conduct technical analysis, especially quantitative analysis, under guidance from ICCT’s research staff
- Support report writing and outreach material preparation
- Complete ad-hoc tasks and other duties, as assigned
- Undergraduates in their last year of school or graduate students preferably with a major in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Vehicle Engineering, Transportation Engineering, or Environmental Science & Engineering
- Knowledge of electric vehicle charging infrastructure, electric power systems, and experience of relevant projects is preferred
- Ability to work with databases using programming languages/softwares such as Python and R
- Proficiency in spoken and written Mandarin Chinese and English
- Ability to work 3-5 days per week (ideally at least 30 hours per week) for a duration of at least 6 months
The internship will be based in our Beijing office and have a duration of 6 months with the possibility to extend. ICCT will provide a laptop and other office equipment as needed. This internship offers a salary of ¥4,000 a month (30 hours per week), or an amount proportional to the workload allowed by your university.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter describing your interest
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.