Rec. Leader I, Youth and Family, Neighborhood Engagement - PTS
Description/Duties & Responsibilities
Youth and Family (Y&F) Neighborhood Engagement has multiple part-time/seasonal (PTS) positions available to work directly with youth in varying neighborhood, park and school locations.
The Youth and Family Neighborhood Engagement Program provides youth and teens ages 5 to 17 a fun filled experience with games and a variety of activities, including sports, arts and crafts, field trips, water games, and more! Both youth and staff return year after year because of the feeling of tradition, community, and belonging that they experience each year.
This is a great job for someone who enjoys working with kids, being creative, and making a difference!
This position may work up to 20 hours per week, 999 hours a year and is based on the needs of the program; Monday through Friday.
JOB PERKS AND HIGHLIGHTS:
• Make lifetime friendships while working in a fun environment
• Wear casual, comfortable uniforms
• Free CPR/First Aid training and certification (City-paid training that will prepare you for emergency situations)
• Opportunities to build your resume and skills (especially if you have an interest in teaching, early childhood education, childcare, social work, coaching sports, arts, recreation administration, criminal justice, and/or working for local government.)
• Opportunities to advance - many of our current full-time employees started as Recreation Leaders
• Paid sick leave (after 90 days of employment)
• Discounts on tickets to theme parks, regional activities, and City activities (ice skating, open gym, swimming, and more)
• Cross-training opportunities – expand your employment horizons
• Make a difference in the life of a child every day
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
• Organizes, plans, and works directly with leadership staff to implement the Neighborhood Engagement Program and prepare activities for youth and teens that make the program fun
• Supervises and leads youth and teens in activities such as arts and crafts, games, sports, water activities, and outings
• Attends, participates and supervises youth/teen fieldtrips
• Maintains staff/youth and staff/teen safety – Make sure everyone plays safely
• Assists in organization, set-up, and clean-up of facility or park– We all pitch in as a team
• Greets patrons and participants and answers inquiries regarding programs – A smile is the best addition to your uniform
• Effectively addresses issues and concerns with youth and teens as they arise – Be prepared to handle some tough stuff, we will be there to support you
• Maintains various forms, logs, reports, and inventory – People who love to organize are a great addition to our team
• Performs first aid and responds to emergencies; reports incidents and accidents
• Attends meetings and training sessions
• Follows and enforces City policies as they relate to the health, behavior, and safety of others
• Other duties, as directed by Community Services Supervisor, Coordinator, Program Specialist, and/or Recreation Leader III/II