Physical Scientist/Life Scientist - R9
This position is in Region 9, ENFORCEMENT & COMPLIANCE ASSURANCE DIV; Air, Waste and Chemicals Branch; Hazardous Water and Chemicals Section. About Region 9: Region 9 Website
This is an office-centered position--you must physically report to one of the duty stations stated in this announcement on a regular basis (location TBD after candidate selected). Partial work-from-home flexibilities may be authorized.
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- Conduct inspections and investigations of regulated facilities for compliance with applicable regulations, permits, or other federal requirements.
- Provides technical advice and information on significant analytical methods, sampling techniques, etc., related to specific program areas, functions, or activities.
- Serve as a technical resource in the development, negotiation, and litigation of both civil and criminal enforcement matters.
- Plan, conduct, and/or provide regulatory technical assistance to complex field sampling and analytical services, facility inspections and audits.
- Provide assistance to regional personnel, other federal, state, local agencies, tribes, industry representatives, and concerned public citizens on the technical aspects of EPA laws and regulations.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses. NOTE: Career ladder promotions are not automatic, and all eligibility and qualifications requirements must be met in order to progress to the next grade level.
One or more positions may be filled (in the organization advertised and/or in other organizations), if appropriate to the position.