Administrative Assistant 1 – DOH7377
This is a full-time, permanent Administrative Assistant 1 (AA1) position located within the Division of Health Systems Quality Assurance, in the Office of Investigative & Legal Services (OILS).
Our administrative team of four (4) provides support to all of OILS 100+ staff. We work closely with each other and strive to create a work environment focused on honesty, accountability, and collaboration. While job duties are specifically assigned, we provide backup support for each other on a regular basis.
Make a difference.
As an Administrative Assistant 1 (AA1) you will:
- Provide critical administrative support specific to the disciplinary process against licensed health professions.
- Assist with compliance with State of Washington law, regulations, and procedures by assuring the accuracy and completeness of regulatory documentation, files, and records, and by ensuring the efficient management of agency records pursuant to WAC 434-640-010.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing administrative support for OILS business operations, the OILS Operations Manager, and OILS staff by performing technical and routine functions that support the complaint response and disciplinary activities relating to allegations of violations of the Uniform Disciplinary Act (UDA), RCW 18.130, the disclosure of records pursuant to the Public Records Act, RCW 42.56 and the general management, organization, and retention of program records.
- Regularly monitoring multiple inboxes for a variety of requests.
- Troubleshooting equipment issues for staff.
- Assisting higher-level staff in the retrieval of records and/or requests to locate information, files, or documents.
- Answering mainline when needed, monitor voicemail and route message to appropriate person.
- Preparing A-19’s for all invoices for vendor bills as needed including invoices received for open purchase orders ensuring accuracy in all entries, route for operation managers approval and send to accounting for payment.
- Providing back-up support to complaint intake unit.
Join a great team and lead us into the future
The Division of Health Systems Quality Assurance (HSQA) is responsible for oversight of Washington State’s health care delivery system which includes licensing and regulating over 380,000 health care professionals and 7,000 facilities. HSQA also works closely with communities and local health partners to build strong health systems and prevention programs across the state to help ensure communities have access to good health care and emergency medical services.
The HSQA Office of Investigative and Legal Services (OILS) goals include improved patient safety, increased public confidence in our ability to protect public health through the disciplinary process, thorough approaches to system improvements, clear lines of authority and accountability, increased span of control for supervisors, and seamless and efficient delivery of services.
The duty station for this position is in Tumwater, WA. Telecommuting may be an option after completion of a training period, subject to supervisory approval. It is anticipated that the incumbent would be expected to report to the Tumwater duty station for work activities five (5) days weekly.