NIAR Executive Office Student Assistant
NIAR is seeking a Student Assistant to will work directly with the Chief of Staff to assist with coordination of the Executive Offices. Employee needed between the hours of 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday, with occasional after-hour or weekend events. (20-40 hours per week depending on enrolled hours/eligibility)
This position requires access to EAR or ITAR-controlled technologies. Applicants are required to be eligible for employment under U.S. export control laws and must meet the requirement of being a “U.S. Citizen”. Information will need to be collected in this regard, but will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. export control laws. The University does not discriminate in its hiring practices and shall ensure compliance with all federal and state laws in the collection and reviews of such information collected.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· General office support: including filing, copying, mail distribution, on and off-campus errands, assistance with tour coordination/tracking, light cleaning and stocking, and other projects as needed by staff.
· Front desk reception: provide support for front desk including greeting and directing visitors, answering phones, assisting with parking, answering general questions, and providing customer service.
· IDP Support: coordination of events at various locations including scheduling and coordination, on-site support, greeting, errands, set-up and teardown.
· Lift up to 50 lbs
· Proficient troubleshooter and adaptable problem-solver
· Ability to multi-task and think critically
· Good communication skills
· Professional attire and presentation;
· Positive customer service skills and interaction
· Proficient in MS Office applications
Allowed Majors: Any
Allowed School Years: Freshman, Sophomore, Junior