Photographer / Visual Content Creator
Visual Content Creator
This job description covers key qualifications, duties and responsibilities of an Island Syndicate Visual Content Creator with skills primarily in professional still photography and secondarily in professional video capture.
The photographer, preferably also with photo editing and videography skills, will capture events, people, cityscapes, products and other lifestyle content. They will operate cameras (Mirrorless, DSLR & available equipment) and related equipment, including gimbals, lights, audio devices and drones, in the creation of promotional still and video images for client storytelling. The photographer will also select, edit, convert, appropriately label, organize and upload content to appropriate storage devices.
Company Description and Job brief
Island Syndicate is a creative services agency, specializing in professional photography, print publishing and video production, that creates exceptional content with a promise of storytelling excellence. Our services include corporate, event and branding photography, commercial and event video production, and periodical and custom keepsake book publishing, for our corporate, municipal, tourism and organizational clients.
We are looking for an organized and creative photographer with a strong work ethic to work with our creative team to plan, capture, select, edit and organize still photo content according to client briefs. Ideally, our photographer will also be able to capture strong event video footage, even if not adept at editing either stills or video. The candidate should be careful and responsible with equipment, confident in their skills but open to learning how to improve them, creative but also comfortable capturing the basics, always at the highest standard, very comfortable interacting with people and putting them at ease, and professional enough to adhere to procedural requirements as required. Must have their own reliable transportation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates cameras and lighting equipment for the creative capture of still shots, and video, of corporate events, conventions, festivals, portraits, product shots, lifestyle shots and travel photography, on location throughout South Florida.
- Coordinates with project manager on scheduling, shoot details, client expectations and deliverables.
- Transports, sets up, and operates photography equipment, including lighting and audio equipment, typically for field work but also possibly for studio work.
- Captures many good shots and angles at each event or staging, so the company and client ultimately have many strong options to choose from.
- Selects key images for the best representation of the subject matter for promotion, branding, social media, press coverage etc.
- Edits images for brightness, color balance, sharpness etc.
- Implements appropriate labeling and tagging, organizing and backing up in multiples on company and cloud storage devices in accordance with company protocols.
- Organizes, labels and backs-up video footage on company storage devices.
- Completes troubleshooting and preventive maintenance reports on equipment, and assists in upkeep of properties.
- Maintains equipment inventory and production schedules.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to operate and carefully maintain standard photography equipment and accessories (we primarily use Canon gear).
- Aptitude using industry standard Adobe Suite photo editing software.
- Strong people skills.
- Creative approach to photography along with ability to stick to a prescribed list of basic shots, with equal high quality.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to effectively manage time and schedules.
- Ability to organize records and files consistently and accurately.
- Ability to configure, operate and maintain studio and/or field equipment, including lighting, and gimbals, drones and audio if also video savvy.
- Knowledge of digital and cloud storage devices and protocols.
- Ability to drive safely with a clean driving record.
- Drug free.
- Preferably, knowledge of professional video / audio editing and post-production procedures, techniques, and standards.