IT Specialist (CUSTSPT)
This position is in Office of Mission Support (OMS). About OMS: Internet website
This is an office-centered position--you must physically report to one of the duty stations stated in this announcement on a regular basis (location TBD after candidate selected). Partial work-from-home flexibilities may be authorized.
At the entry level of this position, you will:
- Coordinates and manages Working Capital Fund (WCF) services, including providing customer support for the Agency IT services and the WCF Data Processing activity; oversees and conducts comprehensive customer and market analysis/studies to identify, propose, and support business solutions to complex management challenges with far-reaching scope and impact.
- Assists in planning and managing delivery and acceptance of complex IT projects and applies agile methodologies for project management, including the development and use of new tools for work planning methods and tracking.
- Develops, implements, and ensures compliance with plans, policies, standards, infrastructures, and architectures that establish the framework for the management of all WCF IT services and customer support applications.
- Develops outreach strategies and materials to communicate IT service information about various initiatives to customers, stakeholders, and partners with EPA. The incumbent identifies information technology policy issues, designs information technology analysis, suggests improvements, and makes recommendations to management on issues related to enhancing IT service delivery.
- Assists Contracting Officers and any duly appointed Contracting Officer Representatives (COR) with the evaluation and execution of IT service contracts to ensure best services are being delivered under the contract to include assisting to ensure contractors perform the technical and management requirements.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses.