Social Media Content Creator
Work as a Quaker Voluntary Service Fellow with COPAL MN, a member-based organization leading social impact initiatives to improve the quality of life for Latin American families. This is done by building collective power, transforming systems, and creating opportunities for a dignified life.
Vision: By 2025, our members will be prepared to lead and drive significant change by influencing public policy and advancing civil, political, and labor rights in their communities and beyond.
Position: Social Media Content Creator
- Attend and contribute to organizing events across campaigns.
- Help coordinate phone banking and text banking.
- Coordinate with the communications director to generate content and handle research.
- Work with the Environmental Justice Director and Communications Director to develop an environmental justice narrative that is culturally relevant for the Minnesota Latinx community.
- Other duties or tasks may be assigned as needed.
Skills and abilities:
- Understand basic principles for media.
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Possess excellent organizational, time management and planning skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to economic, racial, and gender justice and commitment to progressive political change.
- Committed to promote COPAL’s goals and priorities in compliance with all policies and procedures and have a deep investment in our shared agenda for change.
Check with your school's Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.