Mechanical Engineer 3
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer 3
Job Location: Mossville, IL
The main function of a mechanical engineer is to research and investigate the design, functionality and maintenance of mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes. A typical mechanical engineer has the ability to make engineering drawings, and read and interpret blueprints.
Education & Experience Required:
· Five years’ experience minimum required (education and experience in both ME & EE engineering domains is preferred)
· Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Mechatronics engineering required
· Will consider Master’s in Mechanical, Electrical, or Mechatronics engineering as two years’ experience toward requirement
· PhD would be considered overqualified
· Previous experience with typical computer applications and software related to engineering field.
· Understanding of engine and emission control systems.
· Candidates who have work experience with similar products will be passed through. - Air/Fluid electrical valves, Torque Motor, engine control valves, etc.
· Understanding of electricity & magnetism and how it is applied to actuate mechanical and hydraulic mechanisms.
· Ability to create detailed & actionable verification and validation test plans from product knowledge and a high-level understanding of application risk.
· Work with internal test labs, supplier test labs, and machine/engine field testing sites to execute these plans.
· Ability to interpret GD&T, technical drawings, and schematics.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Analytical and problem-solving ability.
· Team player and detail oriented.
· Able and willing to perform hands-on lab work.