Mechanical Engineer 4
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer 4
Job Location: Lafayette, IN
The main function of a mechanical engineer is to research and investigate the design, functionality and maintenance of mechanical products, equipment, systems, and processes. A typical mechanical engineer has the ability to make engineering drawings and read and interpret blueprints.
· Research, design, develop, manufacture, and test tools, engines, machines, and other mechanical devices.
· Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals to determine time and cost feasibility to complete projects.
· Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and make recommendation to maintenance crew.
· Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair to ensure that machines and equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
· Implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
Education & Experience Required:
· Engine Product Development experience. Minimum 5 years.
· Bachelor's degree in engineering, but waived for equivalent experience (10+ years engine engineering)
Required Hard Skills and Experiences (Demonstratable):
· Creo large assembly management
· Teamcenter items and data
· JT models, PLM XML assemblies, and Vis MockUp software
· Engine component function, spatial location, and system interaction Characteristics
Skills, and Experiences Top Candidates Will Also Have (these can be taught):
· Moderate understanding of Commercial Engine Product terminology and processes
· Skilled in Creo Family Table creation and management
· Familiarity with all or multiple LPSD Market Applications - Marine, Petro, Elec Power, Rail, Industrial, Cat Machine