Java Web Developer
*This role is NOT C2C employment and the role will not be able to sponsor candidates now or in the future.*
The Java Web Developer is responsible for the design, development, integration, and implementation of application software in a full-stack service-provider environment that supports company business strategies and objectives. This role provides technical consulting to management, business users, and technical associates, and may work with junior developers as a mentor. This position will perform development and analysis functions for applications related to The Americas Group (TAG) Marketing and Sales Force Effectiveness, including the division's Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform and various store and sales-rep applications which help to sell to and service those customers.
Strategy & Planning
- Provide input and suggestions to the accepted solution design based on client requirements.
- Recommends technical and process improvements and solutions to senior technical team members for review.
- Grows and maintains a broad knowledge of new technology, languages, and systems.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Gather business requirements for proposed applications.
- Performs medium to large programming assignments requiring an intermediate or higher aptitude of established programming standards, methods, and best practices.
- Designs application and database components for development projects.
- Performs analysis of business models, logical specifications, and/or customer requirements to design and build Internet solutions utilizing multiple technologies.
- Mitigates significant risks associated with projects, which have a high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business.
- Maintains and modifies web applications; makes approved changes by amending application documentation, developing detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
- Performs adequate testing of all coding changes.
- Provides support for critical web application problems and issues.
- Provide user and system documentation for operational and technical support.
- Assist in the discovery and investigation of critical production problems as required.
- Research new tools and/or technologies as needed.
- Assists in the training and knowledge sharing with development teams, and helps to coach junior level developers and/or Professional Apprentices as needed.
- Project/task management and reporting as necessary.
- Presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
- Minimal travel is required
- Work outside the standard office 7.5-hour workday may be required.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) in a Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology field of study (e.g., Information Technology, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Computer Systems Management, Mathematics) or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- 2+ years of IT experience
- 2+ years of full-stack Java web development experience
- Additional experience in React, Vue.js, Java Spring Boot, Junit, Karate, Maven, Docker/K8S, and/or AWS is a plus
- 2+ years experience in an Enterprise Database Management System (preferably MariaDB/MySQL or Oracle), including intermediate or higher use of SQL and database management constructs.
- Experience with Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture integration, Object-oriented analysis and design (OOAD), and Responsive web design.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Participate in meetings and follow up with resulting action items as needed..
- Ability to translate an idea or need into a completed solution or work product.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
- Strong commitment to inclusion and diversity.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.